• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee's One More Day No prize

30 posts in this topic

Hey, Stan in principle is right. There just seems to be a lot of mind swiping going on in Marvel's bullpen and that is what is frustrating. Instead of creativity, it seems to be an often used cop out.

R.

Think about it. In real life, people may make deals with the devil that erase the whole world's memory of events over the previous decade, bring characters back to life, whatever.

Excelsior! (thumbs u

"Sometimes readers forget that a series can't continue down the same road forever"

It can if you reboot (i.e. Ultimate Spider-Man) or retcon a 20 year marriage (i.e. OMD). This is the whole problem Stan.

That little editorial note is completely self-contradictory. He starts off saying characters have to grow up and change, then says that therefore it's OK to use absurd plot contrivances to Peter Pan them forever.

doh!

Think about it. In real life, people may make deals with the devil that erase the whole world's memory of events over the previous decade, bring characters back to life, whatever.

Excelsior! (thumbs u

it's how i avoided getting fired that one time.

I wonder how much JoeyQ paid Stan to write it...

And I had to laugh when I read this "All the Bullpen is brilliantly doing is giving you characters whose lives are full of surprises as your own." I'll remember that when I get forewarned months ahead of time of some tragic situation in my own life. Will give me time to muster up some demons to make things right...

Jim

Nice spin.

Okay, Stan...I agree with you on your BASIC points.

People do split up, friends come and go, life changes.

But never due to lazy writing and unexplainable 'magic.'

Read Eric Larson's comments on this BND bullcrap.

HE should be in charge. Guy just makes sense.

Ah, fergit it. I'm happy saving my money and just enjoying what happened prior to Marvel's very own 9-11.

So exactly how many people in the real world had their entire existence changed by Mephisto? doh!

About as many as climb walls with their bare fingers?

(shrug)

So exactly how many people in the real world had their entire existence changed by Mephisto? doh!

Well Stan Lee Has been alive for awhile hm

With the greatest of respect, but I still find it difficult to beleive he's been with us so long.

Stan Lee is a living icon... by grace of god he's having a good innings right now (thumbs u

Still the blurb, does say get those Altzhimers pills in ya fast Stan, something doesn't smell right.

Joe Q couldn't carry Stan's jock strap on a good day. Most comics these days only have about 5 panels of interesting stuff because the storylines are painfully stretched over multiple issues and titles that add little to no value to the overall storyline. Sales from stupid variant covers (they have completely lost their cache) is about the only think that keeps Joe Q where he is. That's my rant for the day, no foolin.

I think this is an April Fool's joke.

If it's not, I'd say that Stan is probably trying to protect the property he created and/or maybe he actually likes JoeyQ and is trying to help out a friend.

BND = Brand New Drek...

Excelsior indeed.

Joe Q couldn't carry Stan's jock strap on a good day. Most comics these days only have about 5 panels of interesting stuff because the storylines are painfully stretched over multiple issues and titles that add little to no value to the overall storyline. Sales from stupid variant covers (they have completely lost their cache) is about the only think that keeps Joe Q where he is. That's my rant for the day, no foolin.

Yeah, there were never any stupid characters or storylines in Stan's comics.

(: