• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Mystery Men #3

11 posts in this topic

Low grade beater. Two pieces of tape at spine top and bottom, probably very slight split below tape, lots of ncb creases all over, bump to rh top corner of book, white paint drops on bottom white area, writing on cover, piece out of bc corner, foxing on bc. What say ye?

MysteryMenComics3gvg.jpg

MysteryMenComics3gvgb.jpg

Easy 3.0, maybe 3.5. Worst defect sounds like the spine split you think may be there. Depending on it, the grade could drop. Otherwise, I'll take a 2.5 that looks like this all day long. No major tears or pieces missing. I'm a tad concerned about the PQ given the bc, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that it has CR/OW pages.

Nope. No ct (unless you count the white paint). It was bumped and the discoloration is just a bit of a ncb bend.

Thanks for the grades guys. I was originally at 2.5 but I think with the eye appeal, pq etc I will peg it at a 3.0. I also think I'm going to keep the book and have the tape removed.

R.

Whatever you grade it, it is the coolest cover, and most desirable issue (after #1) of the run!