• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Invasion #1...

38 posts in this topic

My review is up! I gotta say, it's a hell of a lot of fun. We don't get all the answers we want, but there's plenty of time for that. Very good debut issue. Pick it up tomorrow guys and prepare to be blown away (except the modern haters).

Some minor, minor spoilers...

http://weeklycomicbookreview.com/2008/04/01/secret-invasion-1-advance-review/

I'm with gacguy, I held off from reading the 10 pages too. We'll see tomorrow. I hope to god that this series is at least interesting. I held out hope for World War Hulk and Civil War (DOH).

Pat

It makes me mad that Dr. Strange wasn't in the first issue after I went and ordered all the fershlugginer variant covers.

This whole thing seems like such a ripoff of the new Battlestar Galactica series... and after all the "reveals" in #1, continuity in the Marvel 616 is going to be completely retarded.

After the reveal in savage lands that statement may or may not be correct. That page blew me away, instant comic knowledge sensory overload. And has anyone watched Avengers back issues yet ? Kree/Skrull war is going to be a player here.

Some how I doubt it!

At what point did they get on the shuuttle to begin with!

they got them all when no one was paying attention during secret wars II :insane:

Confused with that one panel so **SPOILER ALERT** below.....

They trying to say those 70's characters are the real deal and their "modern" counterparts are skrulls? Or the 70's characters are Skrulls and the moderns are human?

Feel free to PM me

Confused with that one panel so **SPOILER ALERT** below.....

They trying to say those 70's characters are the real deal and their "modern" counterparts are skrulls? Or the 70's characters are Skrulls and the moderns are human?

Feel free to PM me

Spoiler Answer...

I read it as the 70's are the real heroes and everyone else are skrull sleeper agents. I could be wrong.

I think you're supposed to be confused by the Savage Land big reveal. Are they or aren't they? They're playing with the reader.

Didn't Marvel try something similar years ago with Peter Parker and Ben Reilly?

So, how will they get this genie back in the bottle? Paging Mephisto, please stand by... (: