• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest haul - Aparo Death in the Famly Batman, Tim Sale Batman, and many more

16 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

What can I say, I want attention, why else do I post up artwork!

Here is my latest batch. I don't want to say its in sequence of how much I like it, but I'm super glad to get this Aparo Death in the Family card art, where Batman finds Robin dead! I didn't even know these cards existed until I saw the original for sale. If anyone has these cards, let me know, I'm curious to see what the published one looks like.

Aparo Batman

The others are:

Tim Sale Batman from Wondercon - http://cafurl.com?i=8494

Zander Cannon Smax from Wondercon - http://cafurl.com?i=8495

Kevin Maguire Black Canary Style Guide - http://cafurl.com?i=8496

Mike Oeming Retro Girl Published Splash - http://cafurl.com?i=8497

Thanks and enjoy!

Malvin

I had a chance to grab that Aparo, not sure why I didn't....But, I did get the other one :devil:

Ha Ha! yeah, I wasn't sure if that was the right comment to leave as I was typing it. (shrug)

Let's just say we both got the pieces we wanted, how does that sound? :grin:

Malvin

PS Feel free to delete it too if you haven't already! :grin:

I had a chance to grab that Aparo, not sure why I didn't....But, I did get the other one :devil:

You're the one! I was sold the same piece as well - it took a week for the seller to figure out that he sold it twice. Regardless, congrats on the piece!

You're the one! I was sold the same piece as well - it took a week for the seller to figure out that he sold it twice. Regardless, congrats on the piece!

Keith!

Small World! I'm surprised Bill didn't know he sold it to me. I am such an easy customer to deal with that we emailed each other about 5 times before we sorted out all the details! :D

Thanks for the congrats!

Malvin

Keith!

Small World! I'm surprised Bill didn't know he sold it to me. I am such an easy customer to deal with that we emailed each other about 5 times before we sorted out all the details! :D

Thanks for the congrats!

Malvin

No Malvin, he was talking to me. Bill had sent me this email saying that the piece was sent to me accidently and that if I did indeed get it, would I send it back "no questions asked'".

Keith,

I looked at that email and knowing I had a canceled check, I was like "WHAT ?!".....No questions asked ?! - Like I stole it or something.... lol

Sorry you missed out, but I LOVE the piece.....The Death in the Family artwork is all locked away in one person's collection (from what I understand) and no one seems to know who has it....I've asked some of the more experianced dealers and collectors and no one seems to know....or they aren't talking... :censored:

Keith!

Thanks for the congrats!

Malvin

No Malvin, he was talking to me. Bill had sent me this email saying that the piece was sent to me accidently and that if I did indeed get it, would I send it back "no questions asked'".

Keith,

I looked at that email and knowing I had a canceled check, I was like "WHAT ?!".....No questions asked ?! - Like I stole it or something.... lol

Sorry you missed out, but I LOVE the piece.....The Death in the Family artwork is all locked away in one person's collection (from what I understand) and no one seems to know who has it....I've asked some of the more experianced dealers and collectors and no one seems to know....or they aren't talking... :censored:

Needless to day - it was a pretty frustrating situation.

OK, now I am confused. I know the seller "mis-sent" the other card art - you know.. the one I didn't want and let you have =)

Because I too got an email asking if I got the other one by mistake.

So, Michael was the buyer, but Keith also wanted it?

Malvin

OK, now I am confused. I know the seller "mis-sent" the other card art - you know.. the one I didn't want and let you have =)

Malvin

No - I bought the piece Michael has (on the first day it was up for sale). I sent my check, Bill cashed it, and then when the art didn't show, I started e-mailing Bill. Bill figured out what happened and sent me a refund.

I didn't even know these cards existed until I saw the original for sale. If anyone has these cards, let me know, I'm curious to see what the published one looks like.

If this helps, it's from the Saga of the Dark Knight trading card set released in 1994 by Skybox (in conjunction with the Knightfall storyline). I couldn't find a pic but I'm sure there's one out there of the actual card. I did find a listing for the artists on the "Death in the Family" subset though: J. Aparo, D. Giordano, P. Pigott.

I didn't even know these cards existed until I saw the original for sale. If anyone has these cards, let me know, I'm curious to see what the published one looks like.

If this helps, it's from the Saga of the Dark Knight trading card set released in 1994 by Skybox (in conjunction with the Knightfall storyline). I couldn't find a pic but I'm sure there's one out there of the actual card. I did find a listing for the artists on the "Death in the Family" subset though: J. Aparo, D. Giordano, P. Pigott.

Thanks for the info! At least I know what to look for now. I tend to want published examples of the OA I own.

Malvin

Malvin

No - I bought the piece Michael has (on the first day it was up for sale). I sent my check, Bill cashed it, and then when the art didn't show, I started e-mailing Bill. Bill figured out what happened and sent me a refund.

Oh! Sorry to hear that Keith. Bill double sold it, he thought he sent it to the wrong buyer. Well.. you got tons of good stuff anyways, and you know the old OA adage. Don't mourn missing out on a piece. A greater piece is always around the corner and you will be glad you had the money (that you didn't spend on the piece you missed on) when it happens.

Malvin

sending PM after this message.

Thanks Michael! Now I want it mailed in a padded envelope with masonite on both sides and if it is not mint I don't want it. JUST KIDDING! Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Malvin