• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does the top staple area on this Human Torch #8 look funny to anyone else?

10 posts in this topic

Shouldn't there be a sliver of yellow to the left of the top staple, rather than a color that matches the spine? I'm not making any accusations here, just wondering if it looks odd to others, or is it just me...

HT #8

The rivet & the top line of the cross-beam both continue past the staple. If you look at the rest of the spine, the color stops before the art - at the same point as the staple. Nothing to worry about (other than Heritage's raw grading...)

I think what concerned me is that on my copy, the yellow area is a straight line at the spine, but on this copy, the area between the staple and the spine is not yellow. Yes, the cross-beam does continue past the staple, but why isn't the area below that yellow?

This is total speculation, but what if glue had been applied along the spine and in the staple area sometime in the past. The glue has discolored over time, explaining why the white of the spine and the yellow between the staple and the spine now appear to be the same color.

Again, totally speculating, but why else would the yellow to the left of the staple age differently than the rest of the yellow?

does not look funny to me either.... I see what you are saying, but this does not look like a case of any resto or resto removal...just an inconsistancy in the application of the yellow pigment, and it not making a perfectly straight and unbroken line along the edge of the spine.

Damn Timelys....

If you look at the rest of the spine, the color stops before the art - at the same point as the staple.

Oops, that didn't click the first time I read your post. You're absolutely right.

Looks like the book is okay. Thanks, guys! (thumbs u

If you look at the rest of the spine, the color stops before the art - at the same point as the staple.

Oops, that didn't click the first time I read your post. You're absolutely right.

Looks like the book is okay. Thanks, guys! (thumbs u

I still think a full scale investigation is warranted, along with an full scale body cavity exam of the seller. Let's ask Bluechip what that feels like.