• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skrull variants...

81 posts in this topic

yea it was sweet Skrull cover of the FF#2 cover. This was done by Suydam 1:50 got mine signed by Stan Lee at Frank and Son's should be back any day now. Had a long debate about getting that one signed or the fantastic four the lost adventure story.

Thats cool ! Did Stan comment on the cover ?

nah tho he did look at it for a while before signing it. He did comment on the giant fantastic four omnibus vol. 1 i was carrying thought "heck of a book you got there"

Picked this variant up at my lcs today.

siffvariant1.jpg

My LCS is pulling them and selling them for $10-$15 dollars. I couldnt be bothered. I dont think these will show any kind of value like that. The FF is a nice one, the X-Men Legacy wasnt very impressive.

siffvariant1.jpg

My LCS is pulling them and selling them for $10-$15 dollars. I couldnt be bothered. I dont think these will show any kind of value like that. The FF is a nice one, the X-Men Legacy wasnt very impressive.

Yeah I didnt like the xmen one but I thought the ff one was interesting plus I wanted to read the story in it so just got the variant instead of the regular cover. Was only 10 bucks and I have credit at my lcs.

siffvariant1.jpg

That''s a pretty bland cover...

Jim

siffvariant1.jpg

That''s a pretty bland cover...

Jim

I don't find it to be bland at all. I think that the artist wanted a very simplified look to it and it reminds me of some of the older work from the begining. Plus when its in hand I like how the shadowing and features are done of the characters. But that just me and why I picked it up.

The avengers one for this week wasn't that great anyways so nothing to miss out on. It almost looked like a roast cover to me. The black panther one was alright and I would say be the middle one. The x-men one was the better one from the lot in my opinion. I had chance to take any of them but I passed on them.

As a collector of all the modern x-overs, I have all the secret invasion books on order with my LCS, told the dude to look out for the skrull variants on the other books as well, went in today to pick up my order and he says I've got three of the skrull covers as well - brilliant is my reply until he says he wants $36 for them !!

Even after slapping him and telling him to get a grip, he's sticking to his guns - so as usual my wallet comes out, I'd like to say that it's because I'm hardcore or something tough like that, but it's because he knows I'm a sucker for a variant!

(BTW they were Ghost Rider, Punisher & Avengers Int)

As a collector of all the modern x-overs, I have all the secret invasion books on order with my LCS, told the dude to look out for the skrull variants on the other books as well, went in today to pick up my order and he says I've got three of the skrull covers as well - brilliant is my reply until he says he wants $36 for them !!

Even after slapping him and telling him to get a grip, he's sticking to his guns - so as usual my wallet comes out, I'd like to say that it's because I'm hardcore or something tough like that, but it's because he knows I'm a sucker for a variant!

My LCS wanted $10.00 each. I passed. Coincidentally they havent sold.

$12 each is harsh, but lately I've come over all 'support my LCS' and have been trying to get more books from there rather than t'internet, I have voiced my concerns about his mark-up and he says he'll discount me if I buy multiple copies in future, we'll see....

$12 each is harsh, but lately I've come over all 'support my LCS' and have been trying to get more books from there rather than t'internet, I have voiced my concerns about his mark-up and he says he'll discount me if I buy multiple copies in future, we'll see....

Tell em' $5.00 each and youll take them. Personally, I love my LCS but the markup ticks me off. Therefore I stopped buying any of these covers that I dont get AT cover.