• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK. Its October 23, 2013. What's happening?

73 posts in this topic

... The "Will Sell Slabs for Food" program is once again is high gear, and with the holidays fast approaching, please buy a CGC slab to give an old speculator a happy Christmas. Use it to prop up a table leg, hit flies with it, or just toss it on the landfill with the rest... but please give generously. There but for the grace of God go you...

.... In related news, the "Bruce the Bronze Standoff" continues into its 2,283rd day with no end in sight. For those just crawling out from under a rock, the Slab Meltdown forced many from their homes and resulted in sprawling shanty towns and their self-styled Slab Cabins. These eye sores were demolished, leading to many taking up residence in woodland militant camps. The most dangerous of these are the Slabbies, led by Bruce the Bronze - a man encased totally in CGC Hulk 181's. During the heated standoff, police and military personnel have weathered a fierce hail of CGC slabs, while listening to a maniacal Bruce the Bronze screaming "It's a correction you fools, a CORRECTION!"

.... In total contrast to the slab troubles, sales of certified holographic dinosaur memorabilia continues to soar. Long-time collector Jay Parrino has recently offered 12 billion dollars for the rare Suckasaurus white mis-print, which has never been seen but is rumored to exist.

.... POV, the first man to be buried in a CGC slab has been exhumed for his 7-year replacement of micro-chamber paper. His condition has since been downgraded to CGC 8.5 Tan with Brittle Spine.

... The "Will Sell Slabs for Food" program is once again is high gear, and with the holidays fast approaching, please buy a CGC slab to give an old speculator a happy Christmas. Use it to prop up a table leg, hit flies with it, or just toss it on the landfill with the rest... but please give generously. There but for the grace of God go you...

.... In related news, the "Bruce the Bronze Standoff" continues into its 2,283rd day with no end in sight. For those just crawling out from under a rock, the Slab Meltdown forced many from their homes and resulted in sprawling shanty towns and their self-styled Slab Cabins. These eye sores were demolished, leading to many taking up residence in woodland militant camps. The most dangerous of these are the Slabbies, led by Bruce the Bronze - a man encased totally in CGC Hulk 181's. During the heated standoff, police and military personnel have weathered a fierce hail of CGC slabs, while listening to a maniacal Bruce the Bronze screaming "It's a correction you fools, a CORRECTION!"

.... In total contrast to the slab troubles, sales of certified holographic dinosaur memorabilia continues to soar. Long-time collector Jay Parrino has recently offered 12 billion dollars for the rare Suckasaurus white mis-print, which has never been seen but is rumored to exist.

.... POV, the first man to be buried in a CGC slab has been exhumed for his 7-year replacement of micro-chamber paper. His condition has since been downgraded to CGC 8.5 Tan with Brittle Spine.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

23_5_18.gif

27_laughing.gif If those references about the elderly got to him, this beyond the grave one should really get under his skin... devil.gif

27_laughing.gif If those references about the elderly got to him, this beyond the grave one should really get under his skin... devil.gif

I like the "beyond the grave" touch - it is most apropo. But remember, I ALWAYS takes me pre-code horror out of da slab!!!!!!! Exhumation would reveal an empty slab and POV reading himself, ocassionally giving a "sniff" to savor that fresh ultra-fresh scent! cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif well, you have to be able to laugh at yourself and as much as I hate to say so... that really made me laugh out loud which I don't often do.

It's indeed true that I would become quite the grumpy, depressed psycho if my beloved bronze books were only important to me... for a few months anyway until I realized I could find and buy the rest of the keys I needed for a lot less.

I'm sure I'd make my "slab armor" out of the less expensive 9.8's though and would still keep the big guns locked away... maybe Devil Dino, Machine Man, Spider Woman, and books of that ilk. No way my 181 would be a chest plate or flung at the cops. If anything, I'd send all my Byrne Iron Fists and X-Men to peeve you off! You might have a breakdown yourself watching 9.6-9.8 Byrne classics exploding off cop cars.

Plus... you know If I really "lost it"... I'd come lookin' for you and would burn all your raw books, one by one while you watched insane.gifdevil.gif27_laughing.gif

Still no Pep #22 or Archie #1... sorry.gif

There are copies out there. These comics exist. gossip.gif

Oh, I know...they just cost a buttload of $$$$$$$$...example, Met wants $9,000 for their """"VG/FINE"""" faded copy of #22, and $6000 for a CGC VG Archie #1...

Still no Pep #22 or Archie #1... sorry.gif

There are copies out there. These comics exist. gossip.gif

Oh, I know...they just cost a buttload of $$$$$$$$...example, Met wants $9,000 for their """"VG/FINE"""" faded copy of #22, and $6000 for a CGC VG Archie #1...

Hook up with one of Geppi's daughters! confused-smiley-013.gif