• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1970 Alternative comix, Crumb, Shelton...

14 posts in this topic

I just bought these two books on a hunch for very cheap on ebay. I don't know their value so if someone could help me out. I'll upload the pics soon and the sale.

Thanks

The collected adventures of the Fabulous Furry Freak brothers

By Gilbert Shelton

50 cents, 1971, VF/NM condition

Black and White, Rip off press

Appears first print, nothing stated to the contrary

Funny Aminals #1

By Robert Crumb, Art Speigleman and many others

50 cent cover,NM-

B/W, Publ-Apex Novelties

Appears first print

After some research it looks like the Furry Freak #1 is print 5. It has the cross hatchings over the coppers bats and the purple-green off color on the front top cover.

Any idea of the value of either? I've contacted the guy aout more but these were the only two he had. They look great anyways so I'mhappy with the deal.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170203439185&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

Checked that before. Thats how I came up with the info telling me it was a 5'th/6'th print. ( your research is unclear about which actually came out 1'st!)

Thanks for all that,it really helped although it was really hard to find!

So what are the two valued at apprx.?

Jim, the R. Crumb Comics and Stories that you have is somewhere between a 4th and 9th printing. The first 3 printings did not have a cover price. Determining which printing you have between 4th and 9th depends on several things, such as interior color and cover finish.

A 10th printing would have a 50 cent cover price.

Hope this helps.

They look undergraded too. Listed as F+, I would gather more VF/NM.

Nice!

Funny Aminals #1 in 9 or better, easily $150 these days - the book keeps moving up

as far as the FB #1 late print, get stoned, pass it amongst your friends

Haven't even seen Donahue copies go for that much so I'm not so sure "easily" is viable.