• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The FUNNIEST eBay description I've ever seen!!!

55 posts in this topic

I want to beleive that this guy is honest, but if he doesn't know 893censored-thumb.gif about anything but the power tools, why is he buying something like this 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DISNEY PINS???

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I dunno, maybe his girlfriend or daughter specifically asked for it. I used to needle Greggy constantly about his collecting DC Love books, and then one day, somebody posted a link to my purchasing of those same love books...they weren't for me, but he had given me the idea of getting them for my girlfriend!

Maybe the selling of the Beanie Babies got him into the whole world of buying girly crapola on ebay. blush.gif

Well, if you check some of his other bids, he's buying Disney and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea related items. Maybe he's a fan/collector of that paticular subject.

I'd say he probably not only knew the value of the beanies, he probably made sure that one box got misplaced, when the x-wife left. wink.gif

So he's probably not a scammer, just an excellent salesman. cool.gif

Although that little old lady should have trusted her instincts and not bid, that seller is a crook, plain and simple...His story that he knew nothing about Beanie Baby's was just a ruse to cover his . Once again, Ebay sides with the seller (surprise) in this fraud.

Yep, while I know next to nothing 'bout beanie babies, if they have a big "F" on the bottom, it sounds like it was pretty obvious they were fake. However, his auction disclaimer makes it clear he's clueless...or rather, his auction description makes it clear that he's not claiming to having any knowledge of the authenticity of these items.

Regardless, I think she screwed herself in a legal sense by breaking up the lot, I think any judgement would need to be made against the whole lot, not just the alleged fakes.

Two points:

1) This seller IS a crook. While he may profess ignorance, his entire claim to ignorance lies in the fact that these were items left behind by an exwife, hence his lack of knowledge, and fooling ebayers into thinking there could be hidden gems in the bunch. Only one problem (which he tried to hide) he is still married! He claims it was all a "white lie" Yeah, ok scumbag. Now he is selling drunkensailor items to crash in on the popularity of the sale. Makes me sick.

2) That said, this woman can't have much of a claim considering that she was banned from bidding on the item and then created another identity to bid on the items, so she was the one who got slapped by ebay, and I agree.

Eh, they deserve each other, but I would hope that everyone laughing along with drunkensalior would read what he is really doing. Not funny at all.......

This "little old lady" is the one that emailed him and told him that they were likely frauds. She's the one he made fun of when he ammended his auction description. He openly and blatantly admitted he didn't have a clue and that they could be fakes. He didn't hide or bury this in the description. He put it in big bold letters. In the news story that Dr.B provided, she admits that he blocked her from bidding, so she illegally used an alternate account to go ahead and bid on them anyway. And WHY did she do this? Because if the Beanies were real, there was one in the lot that was worth over $1,000 by itself. So basically her greed got the best of her and now she's trying to transfer the blame for her own greed onto him.

Although that little old lady should have trusted her instincts and not bid, that seller is a crook, plain and simple...His story that he knew nothing about Beanie Baby's was just a ruse to cover his . Once again, Ebay sides with the seller (surprise) in this fraud.

What are you talking about? confused.gif

This "little old lady" is the one that emailed him and told him that they were likely frauds. She's the one he made fun of when he ammended his auction description. He openly and blatantly admitted he didn't have a clue and that they could be fakes. He didn't hide or bury this in the description. He put it in big bold letters. How could he be more honest?

..and if he knew they were fakes, because of the bif "F" on the bottom, but pretended he didn't know? Does that mean he didn't hide or bury this. The fact that he blatantly lied about the details of his marriage, means that his whole description is not credible. He is the one who offered the fraudulent auction. Yes, her greed got the better of her, and she should also be held accountable.

What are you talking about? confused.gif

This "little old lady" is the one that emailed him and told him that they were likely frauds. She's the one he made fun of when he ammended his auction description. He openly and blatantly admitted he didn't have a clue and that they could be fakes. He didn't hide or bury this in the description. He put it in big bold letters. How could he be more honest?

..and if he knew they were fakes, because of the bif "F" on the bottom, but pretended he didn't know? Does that mean he didn't hide or bury this. The fact that he blatantly lied about the details of his marriage, means that his whole description is not credible. He is the one who offered the fraudulent auction. Yes, her greed got the better of her, and she should also be held accountable.

Who said he knew what the "F" on the bottom meant. I don't have a clue about them either and I wouldn't have known what it meant. If she's such a beanie "expert", why didn't she ask him before bidding whether any of them had markings like this? And that whole "marriage" thing doesn't mean much to me either. I've seen thousands of "dad left me"/"found in the attic" auctions that are most likely embelishments. This lady got greedy and used an illegal account to feed her greed. Now she needs to suck it up and quit whining about it. Sorry, but this whole situation wreaks as bad as the lawsuits that people file against McDonalds for making them fat.

My impression from reading the story was that the authenticating service she used after purchasing the beanies was the one that put the black F's on the bottom of the beanies they found to be fakes.

What kind of foreign knock-off outfit would tip unsuspecting buyers by putting a F for fake on their own items?

The bottom line, however, is that the buyer is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

I was under the impression that the big black F's were not present when drunkensailor was selling them and that they were placed there by whomeve expert the old lady submitted them too after she got a hold of them, in her rush to consumate her greedy ambitions and certify the blue peanut so she could flip it for 3-4x the price of hey buy from the drunkensailor. If she really was a beanie collector and she's been on eBay, she should know the golden rule: if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

Let's drag this into a comic related scenario: This would be the equivalent of one of us buying into one of the multitude of AF 15 scams that are out there daily...some 0 seller claiming he found it in his attic or it was left to him and it's not graded, a postage stamp size scam, no returns, not CGC'd, description copied verbatim from a past scam af 15 sale, we contact the seller and he responds to us, tells us he has blocked us for being annoying...and after all this, we go ahead and bid and win and PAY and expect theseller to send it ... YEAH RIGHT.... who would be at fault...I'd say us for being SOOOO STUPID...