• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook Banned....

273 posts in this topic

Or whomever unbanned you had less work to do then than now and could thus have the time + energy - or commitment - to being as precise as possible when lifting your suspension

I'm going with the "they missed me so much that they couldn't live without me another second" option. :grin:

(shrug)

Whatever it was for, that last episode certainly warranted a banning. A recap just doesn't do it justice.

Plus, being banned from a comic-book forum seems like a light punishment compared to the legal charges that could have been brought against him for attempting to defraud some one else ...

In just the same way that Goonchild defrauded his eBay buyers?

Only Goon went through with it and took their money. :(

Sorry, but whilst I accept that Brad lost the plot a bit with this one, a small part of me wishes that he had succeeded and the scumbag had received a taste of his own medicine.

(shrug)

Whatever it was for, that last episode certainly warranted a banning. A recap just doesn't do it justice.

Plus, being banned from a comic-book forum seems like a light punishment compared to the legal charges that could have been brought against him for attempting to defraud some one else ...

In just the same way that Goonchild defrauded his eBay buyers?

Only Goon went through with it and took their money. :(

Sorry, but whilst I accept that Brad lost the plot a bit with this one, a small part of me wishes that he had succeeded and the scumbag had received a taste of his own medicine.

If Brad was scamming Danny D., he would have been given a medal.

I don't think it was just the "sting" I think it had a lot to do with the "guilt by association" that I stated earlier. Whether that is a valid reason or not unfortunately is not for us to decide.

That wasn't the way I read it. The "sting" was the thing that got him suspended. His accomplice didn't help matters though...

Jim

That has nothing to do with why he got banned. See my post directly above.

How have people not heard of this? Brad basically set up a scam eBay auction for a fake Green River to try and "sting" Goonchild. He involved several board members (like Brent) without their knowledge, used a dadandson shill account to try and sell the book by PM, as well as other assorted weirdness.

And the punishment was a Strike which implies an eventual return and clearly something not so bad.

I heard of the incident and fallout but it certainly would be nice if these threads would be kept around at least for reference. However, I suppose that would bring up all sorts of conflicts of interest since it does not always seem consistent what will lead to strikes and banning. In this case by all I have heard this was a pretty nasty event and worthy of bans or strikes but only strikes. Then you have CG doing something apparently comparable on another forum and it leads to a banning not strikes.

I for one prefer if all the nasty and nice are preserved for at least reference if not to show all members that we are human make our mistakes and can make amends.

What's with all these board members flaking out these days?

Pent up aggravation.

Aren't any of them getting laid?

Well Brad is married.....

So then he is not getting laid! lol:kidaround:

That was my point. meh

In this case by all I have heard this was a pretty nasty event and worthy of bans or strikes but only strikes. Then you have CG doing something apparently comparable on another forum and it leads to a banning not strikes.

Make no mistake...Brad's actions were definitely ban-worthy...

Jim

Or whomever unbanned you had less work to do then than now and could thus have the time + energy - or commitment - to being as precise as possible when lifting your suspension

I'm going with the "they missed me so much that they couldn't live without me another second" option. :grin:

Ockham's Razor

In this case by all I have heard this was a pretty nasty event and worthy of bans or strikes but only strikes. Then you have CG doing something apparently comparable on another forum and it leads to a banning not strikes.

Jim

How about Bluechip's? Should be worth a strike at least.

What's with all these board members flaking out these days?

Pent up aggravation.

Aren't any of them getting laid?

Odds have to be that at one of the thousands of members here is. :wishluck:

Or is that overly optimistic?

Jim

How about Bluechip's? Should be worth a strike at least.

Oh I agree...I don't know what the mods are waiting for? hm

Jim

There's no doubt that Bluechip should be banned purely on general principal. But I think that the destinction that the mods might be making is that Brad used these boards (PM system) to perpetrate the sting whereas BC didn't. That was a whacky episode with the GR "sting" but banning Brad considering his track record is over-reacting IMO.

Ok, so this is from an e-mail Brad sent me (I don't think he cares if I post it here):

I was checking my status regarding my suspension, and it said specifically that it would end last night at around 11pm EST.

So this morning I tried to log in and it said the account and been banned permanently. So that is that.

I'm assuming that's true, and if so then the mods are being chicken mess about this. I would expect nothing less.

Nerf. , JC. ain't stupid , he may be the self perceived bully that picks on the other students , but he doesn't attack the administration !.................BH...

I would of never believed in a million years that hook

would of be banned before JC.

:flamed:

Ok, so this is from an e-mail Brad sent me (I don't think he cares if I post it here):

I was checking my status regarding my suspension, and it said specifically that it would end last night at around 11pm EST.

So this morning I tried to log in and it said the account and been banned permanently. So that is that.

I'm assuming that's true, and if so then the mods are being chicken mess about this. I would expect nothing less.

I'm gott have a chat with Arch! ;)