• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook Banned....

273 posts in this topic

I DO know that people here were acting like Brad got banned for doing or saying something that exposed a trim job that hurt CGC's credibility. I just wanted to set the record straight. He got banned for using the CGC site to perpetrate a scam and trying to pull something on par with the garbage he used to help expose.

Just thought this post needed to be emphasized.

Exactly how did Brad use this site for what went down?

What's with all these board members flaking out these days?

Pent up aggravation.

Aren't any of them getting laid?

Odds have to be that at one of the thousands of members here is. :wishluck:

Or is that overly optimistic?

:acclaim::cloud9::)

:applause:

It's the only way to get my hubbie into returning to work shape and

I think he enjoys the workouts. I'm starting to hope his injuries take a

little longer to heal. :wishluck::takeit:

hm You've got me thinkin'......, :banana:

I DO know that people here were acting like Brad got banned for doing or saying something that exposed a trim job that hurt CGC's credibility. I just wanted to set the record straight. He got banned for using the CGC site to perpetrate a scam and trying to pull something on par with the garbage he used to help expose.

Primarily the PM system of this place of business.

Well,

I for one didn't agree with Brad's actions, but I understand...It was an over the top reaction, but one that I can empathize with. Imagine if someone lied to you, broke a mutual agreement then rubbed your nose in it? Frankly Brad's actions were wrong, but GC was repeatedly performing the dickmove. In light of all the positive things RH has contributed to the hobby and to the Boards, I feel the banning was too harsh....

Thomas

I am aware that Paul (as "Rob") used the forum's PM system to communicate with Goonchild. Brad did not communicate with Goonchild at all. What makes you think Brad used the PM system here (as opposed to e-mail, etc.) to plan the "sting" with Paul?

After Gooniebird's post and all the speculation when Brad got home

from dinner with his Wife he basically admitted the whole sting and

said he would do it again to teach GC a lesson.

What I don't really understand and don't know if it makes much difference

is why did he have to involve D&S?

I am aware that Paul (as "Rob") used the forum's PM system to communicate with Goonchild. Brad did not communicate with Goonchild at all. What makes you think Brad used the PM system here (as opposed to e-mail, etc.) to plan the "sting" with Paul?

If it's not clear, Brad orchestrated the events.

Paul, as "Rob", could not sell a book he did not own. Brad owned it and there is verified evidence on these boards to that effect. Brad also admitted to openly colluding with Paul on the terms of the attempted fraud. He said that he had not decided what to do with the money should the scam have succeeded. This indicates that he had the intent to receive money and/or books from his scam, which indicated that he would have dragged an innocent Brent (QualityComix) in with his participation.

Brad also supplied the DOCTORED scan to Paul which was NOT in his fraudulent eBay auction indicating that Paul did not perpetrate this scam on his own.

And then Brad defiantly said he would do it all again.

Maybe Brad should change his name to Mr. Glass.

If it's not clear, Brad orchestrated the events.

Paul, as "Rob", could not sell a book he did not own. Brad owned it and there is verified evidence on these boards to that effect. Brad also admitted to openly colluding with Paul on the terms of the attempted fraud. He said that he had not decided what to do with the money should the scam have succeeded. This indicates that he had the intent to receive money and/or books from his scam, which indicated that he would have dragged an innocent Brent (QualityComix) in with his participation.

Brad also supplied the DOCTORED scan to Paul which was NOT in his fraudulent eBay auction indicating that Paul did not perpetrate this scam on his own.

And then Brad defiantly said he would do it all again.

Maybe Brad should change his name to Mr. Glass.

Such righteous indignation.

Brad also thought better of his little sting and pulled the auction almost immediately. Sure, he got carried away with his personal feud with Goonchild. Which of us wouldn't have, seeing the circumstances of having each and every GR purchase rubbed in our faces in a very insulting and public manner?

The book-burning police have spoken. In this instance, I believe they have made a grave mistake, and in so doing have weakened both the content and fabric of the boards.

The moderators around here have serious issues. I suggest they seek counseling.

:screwy:

Dont get yourself banned :makepoint::foryou:

I only have two strikes, and they are well over a year apart. I think the first one is so old that it was before there was a forum for the strikes/suspensions/bannings.

So, I'm working on #2 (in one year) so I can flame out in style for #3. (thumbs u

Where do you find out if you have strikes....?

Yeah, I think we're jumping the gun here. He'll be back before we know it.

Exactly, and whenever I get suspended, there is always a day or two where the Mods need to hit that special button.

You're all getting yer knickers in a bunch for absolutely no reason.

Which of us wouldn't have, seeing the circumstances of having each and every GR purchase rubbed in our faces in a very insulting and public manner?

I truly hope a lot of us wouldn't have gone this route, just over some funny books. I know I'd never willingly perpetrate a scam, no matter the reason.

Exactly, and whenever I get suspended, there is always a day or two where the Mods need to hit that special button.

Well, you're the expert meh

Well, you're the expert meh

Dude, your out of line there. (tsk)

There's a big differnce between JC's misdemeanors, and this train wreck of a situation.

No there isn't. Strikes are strikes regardless of how they were earned.

To me, the issue here is if the mods were going to ban Brad, then they should have just banned him from the beginning. None of this strike business that morphed into a ban.

To me, the issue here is if the mods were going to ban Brad, then they should have just banned him from the beginning. None of this strike business that morphed into a ban.

Yes there is.

When you breach the rules of this place, that is one thing, but when you look to breach the legalities of the real world, thats a whole different story.

It's their boards, so they can do as they please, Doc.

'Sides, and this is just pure speculation, maybe Red's senior status on the Forum and his previous contributions here have given the Mods a conundrum over letting him back in, now that the 30 days are up.

It's their boards, so they can do as they please, Doc.

'Sides, and this is just pure speculation, maybe Red's senior status on the Forum and his previous contributions here have given the Mods a conundrum over letting him back in, now that the 30 days are up.

That's true, Andy. I guess it's up to each person to decide if they want to play ball on their field then isn't it?

Yeah, right - I can see you haven't been here that long.

Beyonder got a strike for something bizarre like "not upholding the positive board values", while I got one for pointing out that CL should not be hijacking Blazing Bob's For Sale thread with constant SPAM for his upcoming auction (something Bob thanked me for and CL got scott-free from), then to make matters worse, I got suspended for an innocent comment in a negative CL-thread (where everyone else got warnings), which according to CGC, "I should know better, due to my history with CL". lollol

I do not mind getting strikes for valid reasons, but this penny ante stuff cannot compare to a real-life scam perpetrated by multiple people on these boards.