• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist #14 CGC 8.0 Variant! up to $2,024.99 on ebay 6 days left!

34 posts in this topic

I always thought Star Wars 1 variant was the holy grail of variants, not IF 14. An 8.0 going for that kind of money says it is a major grail. :shrug:

Tougher to find than the SW variant,

I had my bid in at 1000.00 and saw that the Reserve was not met and said this is too rich for my blood. It really could go a bit higher with 6 days left!

Highest graded 35 cent marvel variant I know of is a CGC 9.8 Avengers #163. I saw it on pedigreecomics for sale many months ago------asking price was $9,000.00!!!. It still may be listed on pedigreecomics?

I never understood the appeal of this 'price variant' phenomenon. I would rather spend that money and go after a Hulk 181 in super high grade or heck even a 'regular' IF #14 CGC 9.8. ;)

I agree. There are better Bronze books to pick up for the same cash and a much nicer grade. (thumbs u

I never understood the appeal of this 'price variant' phenomenon. I would rather spend that money and go after a Hulk 181 in super high grade or heck even a 'regular' IF #14 CGC 9.8. ;)

A lot of price variant collectors already have extensive collections, and since they like the Bronze Age, tend to gravitate to the true rarities like this.

After all, these are the only 1970's books that you could even call rare.

Census numbers show it is scarce, as only 9 books are graded higher, but it seems still seems expensive for an 8.0. What do you value the lone 9.4 at if an 8.0 is worth over 2,000? I just can't get there, plus there are unslabbed books out there.

Collectors are a funny breed and we all are different.

For me its usually rarity and scarcity that drive my spending more so than grade. I personally would spend more for IRON FIST 14, 35 cent variant in 7.0 Than the 30 cent version in 9.6/9.8.

I just love the fact that I own a true rarity.

I personally collect a lot of oddball items that I recognize the Average collector does not find appealling.

But I really get off on finding little known rare items.

"Still looking for MO AND SHMOE#2"

:insane:

I sold a CGC 8.0 (gift grade, thumb print on price) for around $800 last year. It sat unsold on comiclink at $1200 for a good while too.

Sure, but that was a freakshow book, with (as you stated) a gift grade for the wiped-out price. I don't think there is a person alive who would agree with CGC on that one, and it definitely impacted the price.

hm 23 copies of the 35 cent variant graded that is more than I figured their would be, also interesting to see their are 1258 of the normal 30 cent edition graded and 21 of them in CGC 9.8 wonder what one of these would go for. :whistle:

hm 23 copies of the 35 cent variant graded that is more than I figured their would be

But this is a very popular book to get CGC'd and a very large percentage of the known copies are probably slabbed.

On page 139 in the 2008 Overstreet price guide it lists that Iron Fist #14 variant in raw 3.0 GD/VG sold for $185.00(I sold it raw on ebay). That book was sent into CGC by the person who won it from me and it came back a CGC 2.5 GD+ grade. So it actually sold in a lower grade for $185.00(smile). My grading was very close to CGCs.

I agree. There are better Bronze books to pick up for the same cash and a much nicer grade. (thumbs u

Of course, what you collect is cooler than what I collect.

BTW, any monkey with a checkbook can find a high grade Hulk 181. Find a 9.8 Kid Colt Outlaw 219 35 cent variant.