• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Books Justice Society and Nova

11 posts in this topic

Just finished reading this months installments, and wow.

JSA has been one of my favorite titles since I started reading it. Ever since issue 10 when they started this whole Kingdom Come superman business the book has been building steam, this months book just dropped my jaw. The last 4 pages just surprised me.

Nova I have been reading since it began. And loved the annhialation books before that. Now this series has continued and woven into Annhialation Conquest. And last month brought back my favorite New Mutant, and this month led for Richard Riders return into the Conquest #6. I am really surprised as I figured I would have dropped this book by issue 5 , but has definately kept me interested.

Anyone else reading these ?

Just finished reading this months installments, and wow.

JSA has been one of my favorite titles since I started reading it. Ever since issue 10 when they started this whole Kingdom Come superman business the book has been building steam, this months book just dropped my jaw. The last 4 pages just surprised me.

Nova I have been reading since it began. And loved the annhialation books before that. Now this series has continued and woven into Annhialation Conquest. And last month brought back my favorite New Mutant, and this month led for Richard Riders return into the Conquest #6. I am really surprised as I figured I would have dropped this book by issue 5 , but has definately kept me interested.

Anyone else reading these ?

JSA is one of my fav titles currently and always what I read first when I pick up my books.

Haven't read #14 yet, but the Kingdom Storyline is fun. Frankly, it's been great ever since Johns joined it. But this is one case where I think it was highly beneficial to start over with a #1 and gave some new team additions. Personally, I don't feel the same with JLA. It could easily have remained the #ing.

Pat

Gonna bump this thread and give props to Nova. Great, light, fun read. Just got caught up on the series (only 1 issue into Conquest though). Absolutely loved seeing Warlock (the New Mutants one) again. I wish they were including him in the Guardians of the Galaxy book. He's just fun and Abnett/Lanning wrote him well.

Of course, I also hate seeing Warlock (the glowing golden one). Bleh.

Gonna bump this thread and give props to Nova. Great, light, fun read. Just got caught up on the series (only 1 issue into Conquest though). Absolutely loved seeing Warlock (the New Mutants one) again. I wish they were including him in the Guardians of the Galaxy book. He's just fun and Abnett/Lanning wrote him well.

You got to admit the way his Son took down the technarch was cool

I couldn't get into the new nova series an he's favorite character. I thought it was too light. Then again, I've been reading the New Warriors series...so I guess I can read two very light series. Ha!

It was certainly different and unexpected!

I think I've developed a hankering to go re-read my old New Mutants books.

The technarch was his father. Warlock was just there trying to break the cycle of how his species lives. The fact that the "mutant" gene they both posess can allow them to overthrow the system of the others is quite the cool twist.

And again the anhialation books.... Holy goodness. I like the re-vamped Adam Warlock, and am actually (this is hard to admit) excited for the new guardians of the galaxy series.

My last question is what are Warlock (new mutants, not adam) and his friend going to do now ?

Finally got a chance to dig into the 11 issues of Nova that have been piling up in the office. What a great series! The really cool thing about this book is that you don't have to pick up half a dozen other titles to figure out what's going on. One storyline, well told, well drawn and simple.

Really enjoyed Annihilation (the first crossover) when it came out, but missed the second (Conquest). Will have to pick that up now to fill in the missing pieces.

Can't recommend this highly enough. This was a fun series back in the 70's, and really continues that tradition, IMO.

Conquest was a good read. I read just about everything revolving around annhialation, conquest, nova, and guardians of the galxy . All the individual books I also enjoyed Nova, Wraith, Silver Surfer, Ronin, Super Skrull. Those limiteds really entertained me.

I think Marvel may actually have a chance at breathing life into these old characters.