• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 8.5???

87 posts in this topic

Catching up can bring pleasant surprises when you hold an accurately graded CGC 8.5 in your hands. They're superb books at good prices.

Books like that Detective are old school "NM"

That book looks to me like it is not in the CGC holder, but carefully placed on top of the holder.

The photos of the front (AND BACK) clearly show that the book is inside the slab. (It was an auction on eBay.)

didnt i start a whole lotta *spoon* for my ..MONDAY-FRIDAY GRADING THREAD???.....

Put your bullet away, Barney. My comment was tongue in check and loaded with enough sarcasm that if it were chicken sh*t you could fertilize your garden for years.

How about taking down the link? We can continue the discussion based on the scan only. Just a suggestion.

is that your book?

hm

Yes, I run JS Comics telepathically from Canada. :grin:

Just some consideration for the seller. He didn't grade the book.

OH WOW! I noticed it's from Neptune City, NJ...

lol lol lol lol

That's the scariest place on F'n earth!

I once went there with a African American bud of mine (his hometown) from Ranger school

and the gangs were going take this white boy down until he stepped in and they found out I

was with him...

Neptune City has its problems, but the towns to the east, on the Ocean, are super-nice!!!

ckb <- Born in Neptune, NJ

I try not to bash peoples place of residency but these brothers had blades pulled and were

187 action in broad daylight, I've never seen this even in old school Harlem or Brooklyn for

that matter.

I was spooked! And you are talking about a guy that has shot at, stabbed,

repelled into hot loading zones (a full combat situation), survived multiple bar room brawls.

etc. etc.

It takes a lot to spook me, but needless to say after that

I had a whole new view about Jersey...

:P

Maybe they just didn't like ya Nerf! :baiting:

gee thanks!

:(

didnt i start a whole lotta *spoon* for my ..MONDAY-FRIDAY GRADING THREAD???.....

Put your bullet away, Barney. My comment was tongue in check and loaded with enough sarcasm that if it were chicken sh*t you could fertilize your garden for years.

Tell me he didn't think we were serious lol

Oh man that looks deep too! :o

Lets not forget the GR FF 25 with bullet holes (holes)!

It got a 8.0 right?

After seeing the scan, it's clearly an error on our part, and have already arranged for it to be sent back to us.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention! (thumbs u

(worship)

As someone who is a bit of a Rip van Winkle here, having just started collecting again after about 30 years, I have to say grading standards have changed so much it's scary! My idea of near mint is something you guys would use as packing material.

I have a lot of catching up to do...

You sure you're not one of those eBay sellers we hear so much about?

hm

reply to doc watson and nic....once again the heads show up.....you guys are kooks....

Thanks for the compliment :golfclap:

and its Nik not Nic :gossip:

I only go by Nic on Fridays (: