• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredible "Herc"

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just wondering what anyone thinks of the Incredible Herc.

Personally, I have enjoyed reading it, but I am more irritated that the Hulk title is ursurped.

Anyone know if the Incredible Herc will go back to being Hulk? I really am only buying it for continuity of the title I have been collecting and feel they could have given Hercules his own title/ mini series rather than interrupt my primary collecting title...

Artboy99

Isn't there a Red Hulk kicking around? Sorry, I haven't read Hulk since the Peter David days. (shrug)

And what days those were.....

David's run on that book was nothing short of incredible. (worship) The best The Incredible Hulk has ever seen and probably ever will. I really liked Planet Hulk but Peter David really created something unique over the course of his 110 or so issue run. What had previously been a tepid, boring and one dimensional book became an engaging, character driven read that balanced humor and action nicely. I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed this book month after month. Dale Keown and Gray Frank's art was never less than stellar and the Mr Fixit, Pantheon, X-Factor (both incarnations) and Leader storylines were just some of the highlights of his run. One of David's strong points was his ability to take previously moronic and laughable creations such as The Bi-Beast, Glorian, The U-Foes and Sabra and either turn them into compelling characters or wring comedic gold out of them. The Bi-Beast issue with She-Hulk and the Christmas issue with The Rhino are two of the funniest tales I've ever experienced in any medium. :roflmao: Pick them up from your back issue bin if you can and prepare to laugh.

Pardon my exhuberance but I was due for a rant. rantrant

Back to lurking....