• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am amazed at all the quality material coming to the market

24 posts in this topic

I was just looking through Heritage and CLINKs upcoming auctions and I am amazed. You have CLINK with an incredible Batman run, Sweet Detectives, an I am not going to forget the Actions and All American 16. Then there is Heritage with all key (I know, restored) and also the a nice selection of early silver-age DCs. Can the market absorb all of it? I know I will be very limited on funds so very little participation.

I was just looking through Heritage and CLINKs upcoming auctions and I am amazed. Can the market absorb all of it?

yup....no problem. There could be $25 million worth of great stuff on the market at one time, much less a few $ million, and there is plenty of $$ out there to gobble it up ( the key being "good stuff" ). For every great book in virtually any price range, there are what? ...... 2 to 20 potential buyers for everyone one of them? A high end, highly desirable comic is much rarer than the $$ to purchase it.

My 2c

Steve

Regarding the depth of quality material, I'm glad I'm a HG guy in the sense that sticking to 8.0 and above for GA helps keep me liquid and ready to buy (there just aren't that many buying opportunitites within my defined parameters).

Collecting complete runs GA in VG/FN, I believe, is more of a "heavy hitters" game then sticking to HG. There is just so much more temptation out there if mid grades are your thing.

Regarding the depth of quality material, I'm glad I'm a HG guy in the sense that sticking to 8.0 and above for GA helps keep me liquid and ready to buy (there just aren't that many buying opportunitites within my defined parameters).

Collecting complete runs GA in VG/FN, I believe, is more of a "heavy hitters" game then sticking to HG. There is just so much more temptation out there if mid grades are your thing.

Rub it in... :baiting:

:cloud9:

I know how you feel Batman_Fan! I just bought quite a few of the Toronto collection, Actions and Detectives, during the last Heritage auctions and prior to that some stellar DC GA during the last CL auction. I collect GA Flash too so those awesome Church copies in the next Heritage auction are sure whetting my appetite! Erik

I know how you feel Batman_Fan! I just bought quite a few of the Toronto collection, Actions and Detectives, during the last Heritage auctions and prior to that some stellar DC GA during the last CL auction. I collect GA Flash too so those awesome Church copies in the next Heritage auction are sure whetting my appetite! Erik

I agree, an amazing array and given the prices of he Toronto books, what are all of the 9.4 early silver-age DCs going to go for?

It seems like the upcoming auctions contain quite a bit of HG material -- certainly more I'm interested in than I will ever be able to afford.

Of the Toronto books the only 9.4 SA DC was Action #222 which sold for $2270 with a 9.2 listed at $500 in guide. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no 9.4 for many of the early to mid 50's DC books. Even VF's brought muliples of guide cause they are the top census books currently. I really wanted the Action #198 CGC 8.0 but lost out, luckily the Toronto collection had two copies of this book and I was able to win the second copy of Action #198 which is a CGC 7.0 and still an impressive looking book to behold. I never thought I would ever see this book in high grade after decades of looking. Erik

Of the Toronto books the only 9.4 SA DC was Action #222 which sold for $2270 with a 9.2 listed at $500 in guide. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no 9.4 for many of the early to mid 50's DC books. Even VF's brought muliples of guide cause they are the top census books currently. I really wanted the Action #198 CGC 8.0 but lost out, luckily the Toronto collection had two copies of this book and I was able to win the second copy of Action #198 which is a CGC 7.0 and still an impressive looking book to behold. I never thought I would ever see this book in high grade after decades of looking. Erik

This group looks pretty darn nice.

Sweet DCs

Sweet DCs

please you guys, spend all your money on these short bus books so there's no cash left for you to compete with me for some of the real funny books in the auction.

Sweet DCs

please you guys, spend all your money on these short bus books so there's no cash left for you to compete with me for some of the real funny books in the auction.

Mr Parker, there is a special place in Hell for you, 5 degrees hotter than the rest of us!

Sweet DCs

Mr Parker, there is a special place in Hell for you, 5 degrees hotter than the rest of us!

yeah, it is called Lafayette lol

Sweet DCs

Yeah, real funny books like these:

Except for that Timely drek