• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAVID MICHELINIE TO MAKE RARE APPEARANCE AT NEW YORK COMIC CON

10 posts in this topic

New York, NY, April 14th, 2008: One of the most inventive creators in the comics medium, David Michelinie will be a Guest of Honor at this year’s New York Comic Con (NYCC), where he will meet and greet many loyal fans at the Fan Expo Canada booth (#401A).

David Michelinie began his comics writing career at DC, producing stories for the House of Mystery and Swamp Thing. He has since gone on to write many of comicdom’s most popular characters in some of the most celebrated runs.

In 1978 Michelinie and Bob Layton, as well as John Romita Jr., re-envisioned the character of Iron Man, ultimately transforming it from a low-end book into one of Marvel’s all-time best sellers, while at the same time writing the Avengers with art by John Byrne, George Perez and others. He also wrote many issues of Marvel’s Star Wars comic. In the late 1980’s Michelinie began a much-celebrated run on The Amazing Spider-Man, writing the title for 7 years and teaming with artists like Todd McFarlane, Erik Larsen and Mark Bagley. In 1988 he created the character Venom for the Amazing Spider-Man. Venom has since gone on to become one of Spider-Man’s most dangerous --- and popular --- enemies. After Stan Lee, David Michelinie has written the most number of issues of the Amazing Spider-Man as well as many Spider-Man and Venom-related spin-offs.

In addition, Bob and David have recently returned to Marvel Comics and Iron Man, creating a new limited series to be released in conjunction with the Iron Man major motion picture in 2008 entitled Iron Man: Legacy of Doom which debuts this month and is available at New York Comicon as a Marvel Exclusive edition. A second project, a 48 page one shot will be released later this year and is entitled Iron Man: The End.

Bob Layton and Thor artist, Olivier Coipel will also be appearing in the Fan Expo Canada booth (#401A) at the New York ComiCon throughout the weekend.

For more information about New York Comic Con please visit: www.nycomiccon.com

:pullhair: I wish he'd have given us a bit more of a heads up--I'd have liked getting his sig on a few of my McFarlane ASMs. Sigh...

Thanks for keeping us appraised though Kev. I know you pass it along as soon as you find out! (thumbs u

This came up as an option yesterday afternoon and all of the details were finalized in less than a day's time. I can't do much about some of the cynical people out there except to give you my word that this really did come about at the very last minute and has a lot to do with how well things went this past weekend.

This came up as an option yesterday afternoon and all of the details were finalized in less than a day's time. I can't do much about some of the cynical people out there except to give you my word that this really did come about at the very last minute and has a lot to do with how well things went this past weekend.

I was just frustrated all of us (you included) weren't told soon enough. Don't worry Kevin, I wasn't being the least bit sarcastic! I know you're doing your best to keep us all up to date :)

I was just frustrated all of us (you included) weren't told soon enough. Don't worry Kevin, I wasn't being the least bit sarcastic! I know you're doing your best to keep us all up to date :)

I think the fact that Micheline thoroughly enjoyed his Fan Appreciation experience (his line up was almost non-stop both days) was the biggest factor in getting this deal done and done quickly. Meeting the fans in T.O. really changed his mind about cons.

New York, NY, April 14th, 2008: One of the most inventive creators in the comics medium, David Michelinie will be a Guest of Honor at this year’s New York Comic Con (NYCC), where he will meet and greet many loyal fans at the Fan Expo Canada booth (#401A).

David Michelinie began his comics writing career at DC, producing stories for the House of Mystery and Swamp Thing. He has since gone on to write many of comicdom’s most popular characters in some of the most celebrated runs.

In 1978 Michelinie and Bob Layton, as well as John Romita Jr., re-envisioned the character of Iron Man, ultimately transforming it from a low-end book into one of Marvel’s all-time best sellers, while at the same time writing the Avengers with art by John Byrne, George Perez and others. He also wrote many issues of Marvel’s Star Wars comic. In the late 1980’s Michelinie began a much-celebrated run on The Amazing Spider-Man, writing the title for 7 years and teaming with artists like Todd McFarlane, Erik Larsen and Mark Bagley. In 1988 he created the character Venom for the Amazing Spider-Man. Venom has since gone on to become one of Spider-Man’s most dangerous --- and popular --- enemies. After Stan Lee, David Michelinie has written the most number of issues of the Amazing Spider-Man as well as many Spider-Man and Venom-related spin-offs.

In addition, Bob and David have recently returned to Marvel Comics and Iron Man, creating a new limited series to be released in conjunction with the Iron Man major motion picture in 2008 entitled Iron Man: Legacy of Doom which debuts this month and is available at New York Comicon as a Marvel Exclusive edition. A second project, a 48 page one shot will be released later this year and is entitled Iron Man: The End.

Bob Layton and Thor artist, Olivier Coipel will also be appearing in the Fan Expo Canada booth (#401A) at the New York ComiCon throughout the weekend.

For more information about New York Comic Con please visit: www.nycomiccon.com

this comic show is going to be huge, see you friday kevin.

ps any chance of getting a frank miller cgc ss

:)