• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a classic case of SCS?

45 posts in this topic

looks like SCS has done that to your comic. you need to be careful of how you store your CGC's
I didn't do it! and the more I look at it the more it looks like it's not SCS. I think the affected area is too wide to be caused from moving in the slab that little distance. (shrug)

You're welcome, but my opinion doesn't mean anything. Call CGC and see if there are any graders notes. Plus, does the book have any other defects than the bump on th ULC.

If anything, I would lean toward the pedigree bump more than SCS.

Aww c'mon Doc, you opinion means something, to somebody, somewhere! :foryou:

But I agree with you,it does not look like SCS as there does not appear to be any overhang on the top edge and the break in color is at an angle. More then likely it's a production related issue.

Turok, in hand does the paper appear bent or mangled? Or is it more just a scuffing/smudgeing of the inks?

It looks like there was damage there to begin with, and it's been exacerbated by some SCS.

Kind of like you already have a dent in your car, then some doofus in the parking lot dings it in the same place.

Just called for the grader notes...

Wear top of spine

Abrasion top of front and back covers

Lite corner crease top bc

Sounds like there was wear there when the book was submitted.....who knows how much though.

It looks like there was damage there to begin with, and it's been exacerbated by some SCS.

Kind of like you already have a dent in your car, then some doofus in the parking lot dings it in the same place.

Hey, I don't know where you're getting your information but I have never exacerbated. (tsk)

Hey, I don't know where you're getting your information but I have never exacerbated. (tsk)
Makes you go blind.

Makes you go blind.

So, does a seeing eye dog type your posts?

Does this #7 issue of Phantom Stranger look like it is suffering from SCS or do you think it was this way before grading? Look at top left.

looks to me like a vf/nm, but its graded already, and the grading process is subjective to each person.

:popcorn:

Yep, looks like both. :grin: