• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade Nick Fury....

15 posts in this topic

I've seen several slabs where CGC notes erasure marks on the label that are blue-top Universal. I own two slabs with erasures on the back cover, and I've seen at least one other--an FF #4--with a blue top and an erasure on the front.

What is it, specifically, that makes you guys suspect restoration? I'm not seeing those signs. The only color touch you can see in a scan that small would have to be poorly done; were are spots you guys are seeing that possible CT at?

I beleive that the book may be an 8.0 based on the apparent pencil marks under the LD of the SHEILD logo.

I also see a 'smudge' just above the red,pink,orange block that Scorpio is standing on on the far right side.

also look at Steranko's signature on the left side and then note the diaganol streak that is jutting up from the O at a northeast angle. What is that? It looks to be some sort of discoloration.

I don't know about any restoration, but I don't think this book could be considered more than an 8.0, and depending on the smudge, less than that.

And we are all 'cover-grading'. What do the pages look like? Inside covers?