• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1,100,000 Action #1 on eBay!

726 posts in this topic

Yeah, I am....its a win, win for me.

Paul, I don't want to read through all 70+ pages, but wasn't part of your estimate based on the fact that two of the people who were interested in your Action #1 listing telling you they were going to $175K+ or some such?

What happened to those bidders?

You are correct sir!! But, easy to run lips I guess when your check book aint out. I did have two people interested in my auction which both had stated they might go as high as 175K and 200k respectively. My thought was that if they both bid 175K was a locke.......oh well.

Paul

? I thought you had an offer for 700k for the Action #1?

Yeah, I am....its a win, win for me.

Paul, I don't want to read through all 70+ pages, but wasn't part of your estimate based on the fact that two of the people who were interested in your Action #1 listing telling you they were going to $175K+ or some such?

What happened to those bidders?

You are correct sir!! But, easy to run lips I guess when your check book aint out. I did have two people interested in my auction which both had stated they might go as high as 175K and 200k respectively. My thought was that if they both bid 175K was a locke.......oh well.

Paul

? I thought you had an offer for 700k for the Action #1?

I did? and one for 600K, 450K, 150K, 125K, and 100K, but the 600K and the 450K parties indicated they might go after the CGC 8.5 book upto 175 to 200K after I turned down their offers and those two I thought would bid the book to a huge record sale. Which is why I placed the above comment, that it is easy to make grandious claims of how much one will pay, but writing a check is a whole different story.

The same could be said on the offers I recieved on my Action 1 sale. The fact remains that non of my offers can be really considered as valid, as they were not accepted, I believed all but two of them during the time. Those two reminded me of fishing expeditions with no idea what bait the fish are biting on. So they were throwing out figures to see what might cause a bite. Those two would be the 700K and the 150K offers, the 600 made the comment they would be in Eugene the next day with cash for 600K, I thought pretty bold. The 450K offer was the person I talked to the most, and he really wanted the book, but felt it was just priced to high and thought he might be better served going with the HA Action...wonder if he won it?

It will be listed again next month with .99 cent open bid, with reserve and a significant lower sales reserve than initially stated by seller. Maybe we can get a true feel for what the book might be worth. Hard to say though, as ebay is fickle and shill bids can also be a hassle, which shouldn't be to big of a problem as the end nears and price is far to scarry to throw a big bid out when reserve is not known. If it doesn't sell at that time it will not be offered again for some time, not sure how long.

Paul

That's a great approach to have - nice way to look at things. It's only dinner after all, right?

only dinner...only dinner...we'll see (I'm talking about desert, people ) :blush:

Hey Rick,

You ever get to the Bay area and I will buy you desert!

I will be in SD in a few months :wishluck:

unfortunitely I won't ... :sorry:

That's a great approach to have - nice way to look at things. It's only dinner after all, right?

only dinner...only dinner...we'll see (I'm talking about desert, people ) :blush:

Hey Rick,

but why

Hey Rick,

but why

too busy at work, plus getting ready for our remodel next year ...