• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1,100,000 Action #1 on eBay!

726 posts in this topic

It's a free country.

I wonder what it costs to list a 1.1 million dollar comic on ebay?... it is an incredible book....I won't comment on the asking price, but sure to draw a LOT of attention (which, is good marketing)

Well, like an old french artist once told me in Paris when I asked him how much it would cost me for him to sketch a portrait of me...."one day it will be worth one million dollars, but I'll do it for you for 40 Franks!" I wonder what ever happened to that sketch...........anyway, maybe if he waits another 15 years he might get what he's asking. lol

folks, surely we can recognize great marketing...I Think Paul is doing the smart thing by listing high... you can always come down later, but you can't always go up once an "opinion" is formed about what the book "should" sell for...

and, I suspect that at 7 figure asking price, it will get some sort of media attention, etc?.... personally, I think it was a bold move (thumbs u

You know, everytime I say something not worth that much, the item sells for more. I'd say that the owner and consignor are optimist, but I'm curious what some of you fellows would ask for that book. At least this Action 1 sale is on the up and up and above board, by a respected board member.

At least this Action 1 sale is on the up and up and above board...

That was my first thought too. (thumbs u You can quibble with the price, but the work done to the book is clearly disclosed and labeled...you won't see a 159-page thread about non-disclosure of the flaws, or a need for repeated "clarifications". On the level.

It is a great looking book and I wish him good luck on the sale. This is one book though that I would send through CGC and not use PGX.

Regardless - when the book was first talked about a few weeks ago in the forum, seeing the interior pages and its crispness, it is an awesome book.

I think it's a brilliant strategy by Paul! He may not get $1.1 Million, but he may still set a record price.

I also commend him for a thorough item description. :thumbsup:

I wish him the best of luck with his consignment :wishluck:

Were this mine I would take it out of the PGX holder and CGC it. I would ponder long about having the tear seals removed. A consultaion with a prime restorer like Susan would come first. If the seals are truly archival and could be removed with no damage I would have that done then submit to CGC.

Believe it or not, I have had tenative offers of over 700K....so who is laughing. Its disclosed, its all upfront, and in my opinion its the best issue for sale. Owner has his price and thats what I am asking plus my fee. You may not see the value, but many do.

Paul

I would have sent to CGC as well if anything for added credibility, but hey all is disclosed, you know what you are getting exactly, and the seller price is what it is. Its either above market, or someone will pay to own it, he is in no hurry to sell and doesn't need to. So in my opinion, with FULL Disclosure it doesn't need CGC or PGX...it is what it is.

Paul

Believe it or not, I have had tenative offers of over 700K....so who is laughing. Its disclosed, its all upfront, and in my opinion its the best issue for sale. Owner has his price and thats what I am asking plus my fee. You may not see the value, but many do.

Paul

Don't worry Paul, I think most of us agree with you on this. I hope it sells big.