• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #1 just purchased on eBay...did I make a foolish gamble?

45 posts in this topic

Let me know if by some miracle you would happen to receive it on Saturday. I'm watching his Hulk #2, 3, 5 and 6 right now. :wishluck:

Mike

Just took another look and Hulk #2, 3 and 5 were snapped up using Buy It Now. :pullhair:

He who hesitates is lost.....

Let me know if by some miracle you would happen to receive it on Saturday. I'm watching his Hulk #2, 3, 5 and 6 right now. :wishluck:

Mike

Just took another look and Hulk #2, 3 and 5 were snapped up using Buy It Now. :pullhair:

He who hesitates is lost.....

Dammit...I was negotiating with him for the whole set! :frustrated:

this really doesn't look like a scam. the guy has 1000+ feedback and has been selling off his collection for a while. that's clear from the feedback. plus he has it graded as a 1.5, so really, how much could it possibly be overgraded?? yeah, it could be missing a page or something, that's the only real concern.

jeez, it's a sad day on ebay when people are worried about a beater like this being sold by a 1000+ feedback guy who sells lots of comics being part of a scam. the thieves have really messed things up for everyone.

this really doesn't look like a scam. the guy has 1000+ feedback and has been selling off his collection for a while. that's clear from the feedback. plus he has it graded as a 1.5, so really, how much could it possibly be overgraded?? yeah, it could be missing a page or something, that's the only real concern.

jeez, it's a sad day on ebay when people are worried about a beater like this being sold by a 1000+ feedback guy who sells lots of comics being part of a scam. the thieves have really messed things up for everyone.

Not so much that its a beater or anything to do with the feedback I'd say more its the price one pays any anything ...

Hard for me to really say from the pics but aside from the fold in the pages I'd be quite happy with a amF #15 or amz #1 or FF#1 in such a shape my self :)

yes, i know, there's a lot of stress involved when one lays down a chunk of change on aything, but this one doesn't have any of the indicia of a scam.

I completely agree. My only fear, and reason for starting the thread, was ending up with a book that had some horrendous hidden defect. I never, ever hit the BIN on a high-dollar book (for me anyway) without asking for more information and scans...but I made an exception with this one because I really wanted the book, and for a 1.5 to 2.0 copy, the price was right! I just wanted to share my "cautious" joy in obtaining one of my grails and see if you guys thought I was a buffoon for hitting an $800 BIN with only a tiny pic to go by! (shrug)

Anyway, seller emailed me today to say it was in the mail...will post scans when it arrives! :wishluck:

It looks like a good book. :)

...I love how the right edge of the book has practically no chipping. That's just swell. :thumbsup:

I recommend sending it to CGC as EXPRESS tier and letting us ASAP, what the grade comes up as. :)

-Issa