• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurtzman Art Day!

12 posts in this topic

Happy as a clam in sand... Dan F.

For how long, Dan ?

For.......how.......long ? :baiting:

Hi Michael; although I don't understand the question, I still find it interesting. I would take it to be asking a largish kind of question. How long does one retain that 'happy' feeling from a purchase of a big piece of art?

Is it over the next day and you are on the hunt again, or does it never end? Or somewhere inbetween?

Moreover, do collectors wait until the 'hunger' comes back before pursuing another piece? Or, do they continually seek out new pieces even while basking in the glow of a new purchase?

I tend to keep that clam in sand feeling for quite awhile with new pieces... in fact, I usually know it is time to move a piece when the feeling wears off... which can be years and years, or never. I know I have a true keeper when I get that happy feeling each and every time I look at it. Of course, with me, usually the feeling wears off due to my having bought a similar but 'better' example. The sometimes the older piece gets traded or sold. I don't often collect many similar example by the same artist,... but that's just me. Obviously, some collectors seek out only narrow genres or themes from their favorite artists.. It's all good!

Anyone else care to share their happy feeling thoughts? :luhv:

Anyone else care to share their happy feeling thoughts?

I'm certain I'd have goosebumps if I'd owned that cover! (worship)

For how long, Dan ?

Hi Michael; although I don't understand the question, I still find it interesting. I would take it to be asking a largish kind of question. How long does one retain that 'happy' feeling from a purchase of a big piece of art?

Is it over the next day and you are on the hunt again, or does it never end? Or somewhere inbetween?

Moreover, do collectors wait until the 'hunger' comes back before pursuing another piece? Or, do they continually seek out new pieces even while basking in the glow of a new purchase?

I tend to keep that clam in sand feeling for quite awhile with new pieces... in fact, I usually know it is time to move a piece when the feeling wears off... which can be years and years, or never. I know I have a true keeper when I get that happy feeling each and every time I look at it. Of course, with me, usually the feeling wears off due to my having bought a similar but 'better' example. The sometimes the older piece gets traded or sold. I don't often collect many similar example by the same artist,... but that's just me. Obviously, some collectors seek out only narrow genres or themes from their favorite artists.. It's all good!

Yeah, give me a shout if the happy feeling wears off!

For how long, Dan ?

Funnily enough, whenever I'm on holiday . . . I begin to miss my art . . . and I start to look forward to going home to be re-united with my collection.

Sad, eh? :insane: