• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numbers

13 posts in this topic

So I'm watching the T.V. Show Numbers. Wouldn't you know it's about comic books. Ultra World to be exact. Showing CGC cases and all... I got to DVD it for prosperity. Should be good. It seems comic book collecting is getting popular once again. They even have Doc from Back To The Future playing the comics creator....

Numbers? What is it? I know I could go to IMDB but thought you could elaborate ... Oh! NUMBERS! You mean that show with detectivers solving crimes using mathematics and number theories? Seriously - watched a few episodes and kind of liked it but had to stop - I would be spending ALL my time watching shows I kind of like or like or really lke and spend no time practicing music. One must draw a line. I Also used to watch Bones (similar concept to Numbers but they used bones to solve crimes) and stopped for same reason.

Yeah it was a good episode. I posted a thread about it when it originally aired, but I'm too darn lazy to look it up. But yeah-- it was by far my favorite episode of the show. The CGC case cameos were great. If memory serves I spotted a resto label in one scene even.

Yeah, comics in the mainstream media is a good thing.

Sounds like you're watching a repeat of the comic convention episode...I don't watch the show but did see that episode...pretty entertaining.

Well you replied to the wrong guy but I remember that episode if it had to do with forged comics???

Sounds like you're watching a repeat of the comic convention episode...I don't watch the show but did see that episode...pretty entertaining.

Well you replied to the wrong guy but I remember that episode if it had to do with forged comics???

forged ashcan of the equivalent to Action #1 etc.

Oops, selected the wrong post... :sorry:

So I'm watching the T.V. Show Numbers. Wouldn't you know it's about comic books. Ultra World to be exact. Showing CGC cases and all... I got to DVD it for prosperity. Should be good. It seems comic book collecting is getting popular once again. They even have Doc from Back To The Future playing the comics creator....

Hey guess what!! The Red Sox won the World Series and the Giants won the Super Bowl!! :news:

So I'm watching the T.V. Show Numbers. Wouldn't you know it's about comic books. Ultra World to be exact. Showing CGC cases and all... I got to DVD it for prosperity posterity. Should be good. It seems comic book collecting is getting popular once again. They even have Doc from Back To The Future playing the comics creator....

No charge :foryou:

Just downloaded and viewed the episode. It was a decent time waster and treated comics with some respect.

If you're not interested in deconstruction (nitpicking) don't bother reading the following:

It's a shame that the writers could not have taken a little more time and made some of the plot contrivances more plausible. Plot holes made full appreciation a bit difficult.

Who would forge a comic by redrawing it? What is their reference source for a one-off ashcan? If they had details of the original, perhaps somebody needed to introduce the thief to Mr. Photocopier. But that way the FBI couldn't use fractal analysis to identify the copies as fakes. The FBI should have sent them to CGC. :grin:

The reasoning behind the auction was faulty...raising money to be split by the owners of the fakes and the original artist? The show had already established that collectors had paid between $5000 and $50000 for the fakes thinking they were real. Who would then buy them for anywhere near that knowing they were celebrity fakes?

Just call me Mr. Grumpy.

Hey guess what!! The Red Sox won the World Series and the Giants won the Super Bowl!! :news:

Hey guess what!! Byrne will be drawing X-Men! :news: