• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What period of time does your longest comic book run cover?

47 posts in this topic

I'm THAT close to having Superman 2 through 150 (five books needed to complete it) and that will run from 1939 to 1961, and until a few years ago I had Fantastic Four 1 through the end of the original run, 416 or so.

I was talking with my wife about the Superboy run I'm hoping to finish this year from 100 to 313. I am now 36 books away from finishing my raw run.

When you think about it terms of number of books, it's only 214 consecutive books. To me that doesn't really seem like a lot of comics. However, when I told my wife that it covered almost 22 years of time (October 1962 - July 1984), my perspective changed. I will own nearly 22 years of collected work by various creative teams all packed neatly into a box. Perhaps it's just me, but that seemed like a lot. It made me think about all the effort, art & writing, that went into publishing that single title over that number of years.

At any rate, what period of time does your longest comic book run cover?

I am actually going for Superboy 1-258 which is 1949 through 1979. The 259-313 are actually titled "Legion of Super-Heroes?" I do have those.

Yeah, I just count them since the numbering is continuous. I probably should have qualified that though.

I knew there would be some impressive comic book runs collected here on the boards. Thanks to everyone for sharing so far. (worship)

Wonder Woman #1- 338...don't ask me years, I'd have to look them up; )

1942 - 1986? Is that close?

Perfect:) I looked on the GCD:) I guess in the back of my mind, since I start with All Star 8, it starts in 1941:)

Thanks! Erich:)

Avengers 2 - 503 1963 - 2004

Got you beat by 1 book on that run. :grin:

:applause: Impressive, it's a great run. I'm looking forward to closing the door on it, hopefully, later this year.

And I also have all of volumes 2 and 3 and new Avengers through issue 26, soo I guess I can carry the run through 2007. :whistle: