• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking About Gertting Back To Comics

50 posts in this topic

Well over the past 2 plus years or so I decided to stop collecting and sell my stuff, which I did and I made some good money on mt precodes and GA (still have the BA). The reasons I collected were the reasons I stopped collecting - all the wrong reasons. I was turning into a Ferengi acquiring for the sake of acquiring and to seek personal filfillment. Now my music is forming and my sense of self has taken a tremendous increase. I'm not sure what area I will start collecting or if there will even BE an area. One thing I do know is that horror and crime will not be there. They were reflections of my past and especially childhood.

Enough with the FDQ Entrance.

Probably I will start exploring cheap GA and SA books. There was a $20 GA thread in the GA forum that was most appealing to me. And some of the SA pre-hero titles (TTA, JIM, TOS and TTA but the issues WITH the heroes) in low grade may be of interest too. Basically just a generic variety of various books from different genres and ages.

For the folks who said I would be back - well - you were right and also wrong. (oops - I hear another FDQ coming on). The *I* who I was will not be back. Hard to explain but this is different. Just a nice, light feeling with no sense of self or psychological baggage. And I won;t be "collecting" so to speak. Just picking up books on the cheap that are of interest.

Nice thing is I can bring my oh so considerable knowledge :insane: with me. And i will have something to do with the multi-packs of Mylite 2s and halfbacks. So if you see me snagging a cheapie book in the marketplace or on ebay or see me in a store or a con don;t be surprised. I won;pt be making grand trips to SD. Will probably hit WC next year and other local CA cons. But instead of packing a few grand I will probably be packing a couple of hundred and seek the readers. After all, even readers need a home. And I can read them too! And shoulkd I decide to dump them over time I will probably get back what I paid since i am not going to be paying very much.

This will be interesting.

Can the psychobabble, go to the selling forum, post an unconditional :takeit: , and buy an effin' book already. rantrant

BTW... welcome to the boards. What's your opinion on pressing? :hi:

1) Screw you hippie.

2) Can your arse. You weren't here then.

3) Pressing is restoration but sometimes difficult or impossible to detect and can span the range from a small corner flattening to a full dismantling yet many feel it is not restoration because they fear they have pressed books or they know they have pressed books or they have pressed books themselves and also know that the kneejerk reaction to restoration in any form causes a sense of panic in the uninformed that creates a groundswell of dissent when pressing IS remarked on as restoration.

Follow your bliss.

Follow your bliss.

If you do follow your bliss,

you put yourself on a kind of track

that has been there all the while waiting for you,

and the life you ought to be living

is the one you are living.

When you can see that,

you begin to meet people

who are in the field of your bliss,

and they open the doors to you.

I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid,

and doors will open

where you didn't know they were going to be.

If you follow your bliss,

doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else.

Joseph Campbell

Follow your bliss.

Follow your bliss.

If you do follow your bliss,

you put yourself on a kind of track

that has been there all the while waiting for you,

and the life you ought to be living

is the one you are living.

When you can see that,

you begin to meet people

who are in the field of your bliss,

and they open the doors to you.

I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid,

and doors will open

where you didn't know they were going to be.

If you follow your bliss,

doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else.

Joseph Campbell

Not to get all sappy but basically in music that is what has happened. I know where my importance lies. So I can now just enjoy the comics.