• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking About Gertting Back To Comics

50 posts in this topic

Welcome back POV. I recently slowed way down on my purchasing and started selling off most of my GA Superhero books for a similar reason - the thrill of acquisition wasn't what it used to be, especially considering the money involved when it came to classic cover GA.

I can't see myself stopping altogether - and will probably get sucked back into the superhero vortex again in the future - but when it dawned on me that picking up a cool Atlas war book for $20 gave me the same thrill as a buying $300 Timely - I decided to refocus my collecting goals - and even then I'm not really fervent in my quest.

The collecting bug is a virus - it may be dormant for a while, but it's always there.

You were never "really" gone Pov, you just took a musical detour!

So does this mean you are now going to charge Ellen even more for those WW books? I may be forced to raise her allowance.

hm

Good luck with surgery #2

So does this mean you are now going to charge Ellen even more for those WW books? I may be forced to raise her allowance.

hm

Zee -to call the music a detour - ::sigh:: - ahh well. The music is the main thing. It was the main thing 8 years before I ever read a comic book.

But things are on hold for now. Monday night I was notified Tuesdsay was my last day on the job. Massive head cuts. My neck must have been appealing. So for now frugality reigns. Today is my first day of unemployment in decades. Feels weird.

hm

Zee -to call the music a detour - ::sigh:: - ahh well. The music is the main thing. It was the main thing 8 years before I ever read a comic book.

But things are on hold for now. Monday night I was notified Tuesdsay was my last day on the job. Massive head cuts. My neck must have been appealing. So for now frugality reigns. Today is my first day of unemployment in decades. Feels weird.

Sorry to hear that, POV...

hm

How does playing music on the Subway lines pay?

R.

:jokealert:

Good to see you again POV, looking forward to more pics of you eating weird and erotic desserts :shy:

MMMMM...I still remember that poached pear/ice cream/chocolate with the tall sugar cone tentacle rising up proudly. That was my first dessert in Nice (France).

hm

Well hells bells, that's a real kik in the nuts!

Sorry to hear about the layoff Michael. While the timing is bad because of hand #2's upcoming procedure you're catlike ability to always land on your feet will see you through, if ever there was a jack of all trades it is you. For today I reccommend cracking open the Sake and making a nice meal.

Keep in touch and lean on the boards if need be, know that you have friends, albeit friends in low places.

:hi: