• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for an approximate FMV for these pieces?

19 posts in this topic

I've come to the realization that I need wall space for some other collectibles and I'm considering selling a few of the nicer pieces in my collection. It's been a year or so since I've actively looked at art for sale and a few years since I bought these three pieces. Can anybody give me a FMV for the following pieces?

webofspidey66cvr.jpg

Page31.jpg

Page27.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Jim

Hi Jim --

Great stuff! I'm not sure about the cover, but I'd say the first panel page (non-battle) is probably $800 - $1100 or so. The battle page from #176 might be $1500 to $2000 or so, but I don't know how much the Goblin might push a fan up. Maybe a bit more than that?

I would be very interested in that battle page, but that wasn't your question. And I'd welcome comments from real ASM art collectors who know more than I do. Thanks!

Dan

CGC,

a page 31 sold from #177 in 2005 for $1550, andthat same page 31 sold in 2003 for $977.

a page from #176 sold for #1725 in 2003, and another sold for $1925 in 2005, not sure if they were the same page though.

I think your looking at $2-3k per page, given the big jump in prices from 2005 to present.

Here's a direct response to your question given current market prices:

Web 67 cover is $2.5K. There are a few collectors on the market competing for all of Saviuk's covers and I've seen prices on his covers rise dramatically from $800 a few years ago to around $1.5K recently. Given this cover has a nice Gobby/Spidey battle, it should come as no surprise that it will surpass previous highs for Saviuk Web covers.

I also thought the cover composition looked very familiar, but I couldn't quite place the image until I did some research and found this cover to be remarkably similar to Ditko's ASM #21 cover where Spidey Battles the Human Torch. I think Saviuk should have signed the cover as an homage to Ditko. Check it out and let me know if I'm wrong.

The ASM #177 page is in the low $2K range

The ASM #176 page is more desirable, with larger images of the two combatants and is worth between $2.5K - $3K

Not sure why someone would be taken aback at $2.5K for a 15 year old cover featuring Spidey vs Gobby by a well known Spidey artist that had a long run (and substantial fan following) on a popular title while there are those that pay $2.5K for a brand new cover by a relatively unknown artist, eh?

Not sure why someone would be taken aback at $2.5K for a 15 year old cover featuring Spidey vs Gobby by a well known Spidey artist that had a long run (and substantial fan following) on a popular title while there are those that pay $2.5K for a brand new cover by a relatively unknown artist, eh?

I can see the 2K given the image depicted and the new art point is well made, however, I will restrain myself in regards to Saviuk's art on Web of Spidey except to say that his art directly led me to stop buying the title, though this was undoubtedly the best cover he did on the run. (thumbs u

Actually scratch that restraint, the skeletons have been exhumed. If he has a substantial following then there are a lot of people out there in need of corrective laser eye surgery.

I can see the 2K given the image depicted and the new art point is well made, however, I will restrain myself in regards to Saviuk's art on Web of Spidey except to say that his art directly led me to stop buying the title, though this was undoubtedly the best cover he did on the run. (thumbs u

Actually scratch that restraint, the skeletons have been exhumed. If he has a substantial following then there are a lot of people out there in need of corrective laser eye surgery.

:roflmao:

I also thought the cover composition looked very familiar, but I couldn't quite place the image until I did some research and found this cover to be remarkably similar to Ditko's ASM #21 cover where Spidey Battles the Human Torch. I think Saviuk should have signed the cover as an homage to Ditko. Check it out and let me know if I'm wrong.

I thought it was more of a kind of flip-image of ASM #23 with the Goblin, but it does have elements of #21.

Hey, I totally understand what you're saying. Erik Larsen's 'artwork' did likewise for me on ASM and I stopped buying the title soley because of him. But I'll tell you something...15 years ago, a lot of people thought didn't particularly care for Sal Buscema's work, but its only recently that people have come to appreciate his work. Perhaps some time will pass and you will come to see that Saviuk wasn't so bad on Web?