• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST BACK FROM IRON MAN PREMIERE

86 posts in this topic

This is proven quite easily - in the non-comic/non-fanboy "general public" you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who lists trash like Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher, etc. as one of their top movies, but I could name dozens who do from comic book forums.

Althought the the special effects of a burning Travolta being dragged throught the parking lot were low budget I liked the Punisher. Definitely, better than Hulk or Daredevil.

sorry I know plent of people who would 100 percent disagree with you.

You should meet more people.

give me reasons why Daredevil or the Punisher was bad movie?

Daredevil is C Level character so the movie to me and a lot of people was great for what it was. To me it was the only comic book movie that followed the comic almost 100 percent.

I enjoy almost every comic movie that comes out because I am realistic and understand its hard to make a good movie from comic book to the big screen, so when I see great movies like Spiderman and Batman Begins I am amazed, but when a movie like DD or the punisher comes out and people b itch at tiny things I just shake my head.

I am just thank full that they are making the movies and hopefully getting new readers interested in the books.

Just my opinion, and no I dont want to meet more comic geeks because then I have to hear this retarted debate.

maybe we should just protest the movie companies to stop making comic movies together because most of us seem to b itch like whinning girls all the time. :makepoint:

NIT PICKING OMG :censored:

I HATE TO TELL PEOPLE BUT OVER 90% OF THE MOVIES THAT COME OUT ARE TOTAL C RAP AND 90% OF THE ACTOR/ACTRESSES CAN'T ACT AS WELL. :news:

JUST BE THANKFUL OUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS ARE IN THE BIG SCREEN NOW AND THAT OUR HOBBY IS GETTING SOME LIME LIFE AFTER ALL! :banana:

You're using the first definition of Fanboy. There are two definitions.

You are in category 2. Common mistake. Carry on.

lol, I'm so far away from a fanboy as you can possibly be.

A fanboy, or any type, identifies personally with the object of his adulation and takes negative commentary against it as a personal insult and reacts accordingly.

The only thing I take personally, are personal insults or attacks. You can hammer on my fave movies all day long and I won't care - they're just movies folks.

That's what a fanboy cannot understand, and they are NOT "just movies" (or "just comics/etc.") to them. For some strange reason, the fanboy feels he holds a personal stake in "it", and feels obligated to support and defend "it" by any means necessary.

Truly bizarre, but I guess it takes all kinds. (shrug)

We disagree, but there have to be different levels of fanboyitis which then in turn have different behaviors and outlooks.

These get expressed differently although the term fanboy is often used as a generic catch all.

Exhibit A:

Excessive use of CAPS LOCK is a popular method for the Fanboy to express his anger with non-fanboys who do not agree with him.

maybe we should just protest the movie companies to stop making comic movies together because most of us seem to b itch like whinning girls all the time. :makepoint:

I HATE TO TELL PEOPLE BUT OVER 90% OF THE MOVIES THAT COME OUT ARE TOTAL C RAP AND 90% OF THE ACTOR/ACTRESSES CAN'T ACT AS WELL. :news:

JUST BE THANKFUL OUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS ARE IN THE BIG SCREEN NOW AND THAT OUR HOBBY IS GETTING SOME LIME LIFE AFTER ALL! :banana:

To me it was the only comic book movie that followed the comic almost 100 percent.

huh?

They were both fine in my book!

Exhibit A:

Excessive use of CAPS LOCK is a popular method for the Fanboy to express his anger with non-fanboys who do not agree with him.

Last time I check we are fanboys here. So you are not a fanboy? :screwy:

Nope, as I don't take any of it personal.

Go ahead, slam Batman Begins, Blade, Spider-man 1, V for Vendetta, even X3 - I don't care, as they're just movies.

Fanboys can't make that distinction, and for them, cutting up a movie they love is a personal insult.

Sounds like your quite familiar with the nuances of these "fanboys" ?.... :baiting: ...I really don't think I've ever even encountered them , noticed , or associated with them ... (shrug)...BH..

Nope, as I don't take any of it personal.

Go ahead, slam Batman Begins, Blade, Spider-man 1, V for Vendetta, even X3 - I don't care, as they're just movies.

Fanboys can't make that distinction, and for them, cutting up a movie they love is a personal insult.

Sounds like your quite familiar with the nuances of these "fanboys" ?.... :baiting: ...I really don't think I've ever even encountered them , noticed , or associated with them ... (shrug)...

Exactly how long have you been on here?

I slammed Spider-man 3, Punisher, Hulk, etc. and was flamed mercilessly.

Sorry , I meant in real life situations . I forgot that you don't get out much and do the "meet and greet thing . My bad , seriously .....

..................Bh.....

Sounds like your quite familiar with the nuances of these "fanboys" ?.... :baiting: ...I really don't think I've ever even encountered them , noticed , or associated with them ... (shrug)...

Exactly how long have you been on here?

I slammed Spider-man 3, Punisher, Hulk, etc. and was flamed mercilessly.

Sorry , I meant in real life situations . I forgot that you don't get out much and do the "meet and greet thing .

lollollol

In the "real world" I hardly hang around anyone who is slavering over the latest funny-book movie.

Sorry , I meant in real life situations . I forgot that you don't get out much and do the "meet and greet thing .

lollollol

In the "real world" I hardly hang around anyone who is slavering over the latest funny-book movie.

lol

Been reading some of the early reviews and even though they're generally positive, they all have caveats in some way. Almost as if the reviewers are looking for some way to not be critical of the film despite some really apparent flaws. This doesn't bode well for good reviews going forward as early reviews are usually more positive than when more unbiased reviewers chime in closer to the film's release...

Jim

Of COURSE fanboys will hate it. Fanboys hate everything.

This is proven quite easily - in the non-comic/non-fanboy "general public" you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who lists trash like Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher, etc. as one of their top movies, but I could name dozens who do from comic book forums.

:hi:

JC, I am not a Daredevil fan at all. (Seriously I think the character is kinda dumb really) but I do like the Director's Cut of the Daredevil movie.

I've preached over and over about people need to see the director's cut as it really is a completely different movie. It is not just scenes added in, it's scenes cut, scenes added, re-edited, the works!