• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidey #1- Deal or no Deal

21 posts in this topic

I didn't actually win this, but have been offered it on a second chance offer as my bid was next highest. I would have bid higher too but was not around at auctions close.

What do you think. Condition seems fairly accurate from what I can see. Dealer seems legit. What is the general feeling.

Personally I still think its a great deal and am leaning towards buying.

Thoughts, opinions, pointless ranting....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360043428232&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=023

But if its legit,is this a good deal,given the condition?

If it's as stated, it would be a good deal.

However, I'm not certain it is as stated.

I share concerns about why the winner backed out immediately. Shill bidding? Knows something that you don't? (shrug)

But if its legit,is this a good deal,given the condition?

If it's as stated, it would be a good deal.

However, I'm not certain it is as stated.

I share concerns about why the winner backed out immediately. Shill bidding? Knows something that you don't? (shrug)

Also beware of fraudulant second chance offers.If the second chance offer isn't listed as such in your messages in my eBAY ...IT'S BOGUS.I get several bogus second chance offers every month.EMAIL the seller through the closed auction link and they may say they don't know anything about it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I've been in contact with the seller and it is a valid 2'nd chance offer. Original buyer backed out due to lack of funds. Checked both feedbacks more in depth and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of shill bidding. All that being said, who knows...

I've been in contact with the seller and it is a valid 2'nd chance offer. Original buyer backed out due to lack of funds. Checked both feedbacks more in depth and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of shill bidding. All that being said, who knows...

If it is a real second chance offer it'll be on your "My Ebay" page.

R.

I doesn't seem fishy that someone bids on a big book and then get cold feet about being able to afford it.

If you're in touch with the seller, why not ask for better scans? Tell him you're interested, but would like a better look. It's got an obvious tape pull, but what else? The scan is of the book in a bag, which makes it hard to see. And are you really going to buy a raw book for that much money without seeing the back? Also, that upper left spine looks strange, almost like there could be some paper missing there.

I doesn't seem fishy that someone bids on a big book and then get cold feet about being able to afford it.

If you're in touch with the seller, why not ask for better scans? Tell him you're interested, but would like a better look. It's got an obvious tape pull, but what else? The scan is of the book in a bag, which makes it hard to see. And are you really going to buy a raw book for that much money without seeing the back? Also, that upper left spine looks strange, almost like there could be some paper missing there.

That would be my recommendation as well...the auction scan is tiny. I'll never understand these foolish sellers who use small pics...usually of the front only...on high dollar books like this. (shrug)

Anyway, request larger front and back scans and ask lots of questions about hidden defects and possible restoration before pulling the trigger (thumbs u

Update...

I've held the book in my hands taken more pics and have the option to buy.... See the please grade my section for all the detailed scans.

It is not a VG-/3.5 by any means but I'm not sure how it actually grades and if its worth the 800$

Any thoughts??