• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was interested by this original art but...

16 posts in this topic

Look at the seller's comment:

"INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS welcome, but must pay EXACT shipping and pay in US funds, and insurance is not available; item ships at your risk."

John Byrne SPLASH Spider-Man vs. Giant Man!

Why this guy cannot insure this page when shipping overseas ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well.... Dr.Banner told me he once shipped some books insured to the UK and they didn't arrive. It was a major hassle to get the insurance company to make good, and now I think of it, I'm not even sure they did reimburse him....

So some US sellers are weary of sending stuff insured...

Personally I don't use insurance anymore as I get screwed each and every time...

I have to pay about 1/3 of the insurance value as tax and duty when the package reaches the border. If I send my OWN book to CGC and have it sent back insured for say $600.00, I pay $200.00 tax when I get it back...

It happens each and every time, every insured package gets pulled by customs and made to bleed...

It is stressful, having a $1000 package worth of books making its way across 5000 miles of land and ocean uninsured, but I've had nearly 300 packages sent to me from the US the last 3 years and each and every one has made it safely across...

If you insist on having insurance, I'm sure a forum member will gladly help you out, you can have the package sent domestically to them and then have them send it to you anyway you like

Actually, the books sent to the UK were damaged, but after a year of BS with the postal service we got the "damage refund", and the guy was able to keep the books! I was shocked to say the least...

Thanks for the infos.

It is stressful, having a $1000 package worth of books making its way across 5000 miles of land and ocean uninsured, but I've had nearly 300 packages sent to me from the US the last 3 years and each and every one has made it safely across...

You're lucky.

I have more & more package lost. I don't know where's the problem.

Maybe my local postal crew prepare Christmas gift with my books ? mad.gif

The seller named "moonball" sent me a package last month with about $350 books in it. The package was insured and registered. Never received...

How long has it been? My last big package to the UK took almost a month to arrive, and there's another one that's been in transit almost that long that hasn't arrived yet. For some reason mail to/from Europe (the UK at least) has taken a good two weeks longer than earlier this year?

I have trouble with UK too.

Not to send book (i have successfully sent books to comicmankev), but to receive books.

I have no problem with Letter/Small package.

I have sold books to USA a few weeks ago. It took about one week to arrive to USA from France.

What is more amazing is that when nochips send me books, i just have to wait 3-4 days to get them (with priority mail) 893whatthe.gif

I generally always pay for Priority mail, i have noticed that i have less problem than "surface" or "economy" mail.

Big packages seems to be more problematic: robbery, delay, damage...

I have trouble with UK too.

Not to send book (i have successfully sent books to comicmankev), but to receive books.

I generally always pay for Priority mail, i have noticed that i have less problem than "surface" or "economy" mail.

Same here, Holland and the UK seem to take the longest time...

90% of the packages sent from the US to me take less than 4 days...

I once got a package Ricky sent me (over 5000 miles) in less than 48 hours....

I'm not using Express mail anymore (3-day delivery)....it's pretty expensive and it always takes longer than a week....You get tracking but for some reason the tracking stops once the package enters JFK... I've had a few packages delivered to my door that were still in JFK according to the online USPS tracking service sign-rantpost.gif

Global Priority or Airmail are the way to go baby !!!

Big packages seems to be more problematic: robbery, delay, damage...

Agreed.... take a look at this topic....

web page

But on the other hand I LOVE Mbags...even is they take close to 10 weeks to arrive. They look so grubby and dirty no self-respecting thief is going to go through them to see if there is anything worth stealing smile.gif

Airmail from Canada to the UK is usually 3-4 business days. This is as fast as shipping within Canada to another major city or as fast as shipping to USA. Airmail items from the UK to Canada always arrive faster than from USA to Canada. flowerred.gif

I never take insurance even it is offered. The one time I lost a package US post and Aussie Post both denied responsibility. I just take my chances, although I must say that on some of the higher ticket items it can be a nerve wracking experience.

In three years I have only lost three items.....2 in the last 3 months, but fortunately none were over $50.

A good question is: Who is the fuc#ing bast#rd collector that steal all our packages ?! boo.gif

His collection should be really impressive...

It is really irritating I agree. The packages I lost were not comic books I could get again but hand coloured cover proofs. These are one off and one of them was a Kirby.

When US post opens its' own collectables and comic art store on-line then we will truly know.

I don't buy the theory that they appear on the island of lost toys.