• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Movie Poll - ROUND 3 - PICK THE 5 WORST

Comic Book Movie Poll  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Comic Book Movie Poll

33 posts in this topic

Blade:Trinity - didn't I see this movie twice before?

Men In Black 2 - classic, "not needed" sequel.

Ghost World & American Splendor - this will probably be sacriledge but I didn't think either were that great. I especially wanted to like 'American Splendor" because of Paul Giamatti but found it very boring.

League - a "mail it in" movie and performance by one of my favorite actors, Sean Connery. Sigh.

OK, I'm officially declaring this poll flawed and without value.

Where was one of the best, if not THE best, comic-based movie of all time?

Watched The Crow for about the 18th time the weekend before last with a couple who had no comics background, nor axe to grind. They loved it, as does Mrs FT, and it simply rocks. Holds together well, no need for any background info, a number of excellent scenes, great soundtrack...and a far better performance from Jason Lee than anyone could have anticipated.

How's about grandfathering it in at this stage? (shrug)

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

I can't believe this has lasted that long...

I rather watch grass grow.

:P

:shy: I kinda like it.

Ya, I kinda liked it to. Sure Sean Connery did come a little campy in this outing, but then just look at Hugh Jackman's comic movie's, from Van Helsing, to X-men he's just bursting to jump into a chorus line doh!

Watched The Crow for about the 18th time the weekend before last with a couple who had no comics background, nor axe to grind. They loved it, as does Mrs FT, and it simply rocks. Holds together well, no need for any background info, a number of excellent scenes, great soundtrack...and a far better performance from Jason Lee than anyone could have anticipated.

You're ABSOLUTELY right. I don't even know how I forgot what has become my all-time second favorite movie (that I saw 7 times in the theatre) behind The Matrix (and closely behind at that).

Shame on me. It should really get the Grandfather treatment.

This round the 10 worst movies will be removed, just to keep things moving quickly.

Come on, 10 out of 31 remaining? This is just getting stupid now.

Sigh....What the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? are you whining about now?

Nothing, just stating basic math - 10 out of 31 is a extremely large percentage, especially when you're only voting 5.

The fun part of these is watching the list slowly get smaller, not to have a mad race to the finish.

This round the 10 worst movies will be removed, just to keep things moving quickly.

Come on, 10 out of 31 remaining? This is just getting stupid now.

Sigh....What the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? are you whining about now?

Nothing, just stating basic math - 10 out of 31 is a extremely large percentage, especially when you're only voting 5.

The fun part of these is watching the list slowly get smaller, not to have a mad race to the finish.

Point taken. I'll slow it down for the next round. Just didn't want this dragging on for weeks,.

I can toss The Crow in next round. I've actually never seen it. Just to be clear, this was definitely a comic book prior to the movie, correct?

Forgive my Crow ignorance...

I can toss The Crow in next round. I've actually never seen it. Just to be clear, this was definitely a comic book prior to the movie, correct?

Yes, it was definitely a comic first, movie later. Nick is right, a brilliant movie which will win outright if I have any say in it (and I do have a say in it, though a very small one). hm

Yes, it was definitely a comic first, movie later. Nick is right, a brilliant movie which will win outright if I have any say in it (and I do have a say in it, though a very small one). hm

Add the Crow (thumbs u

:o

Seriously, John...go out and rent it right now! It is superb as a movie and even better as a comic adaptation.

And yes, written, drawn and conceived by James O'Barr, originally published under Caliber Press back in '89. (thumbs u

This should give you some idea...

I thought it was Brandon Lee

Great Flick BTW

Watched The Crow for about the 18th time the weekend before last with a couple who had no comics background, nor axe to grind. They loved it, as does Mrs FT, and it simply rocks. Holds together well, no need for any background info, a number of excellent scenes, great soundtrack...and a far better performance from Brandon Lee than anyone could have anticipated.

I thought it was Brandon Lee

Great Flick BTW

doh!

(thumbs u