• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Peter Parker is the most annoying character....big RANT

6 posts in this topic

Forgive me if you're a bigger fan than me, but somebody at Marvel needs to learn this....

Peter Parker is a mewling, self-absorbed, whiney [!@#%^&^]! I mean, COME ON!!

Ben died (insert new revision number here) years ago. Get over it dude!! Would any of you honestly hang out with this kid in real life?? He needs a Thanos sized slap upside his noggin!!

Every single 'special issue' that comes out (x25, x50,x75, x00, x anniversary Issue) re-affirms his faith and that he's 'doing the right thing'. WTF???

This poorly written drivel about all of his soul searching is SO damn annoying, and so overdone. I don't know how some of you guys can still be fans after reading the same damn rehash of the same lame story for the 35th time in 36 years!!

Find a new inner conflict for him, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

sign-rantpost.gif

Ok, I'm off my soapbox

Who is this Peter Parker person? grin.gif

Personally, his angst got very old very quickly and I never really got interested in the character (and this was back in the mid-1970's).

Of course, the fact that a rival for a young lady's affections was a big Spider-Head had nothing whatsoever to do with my distaste for the wall-crawler.

wink.gif

Nothing whatsoever.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

The problem with marvel is they're not going to take chances with their most popular character....they tried with the Clone Saga and it blew up in their faces. Therefore, the writers aren't going to stray to far from the initial concept..

However, I would love for Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman to get a hold of this character and really turn people upside down... smirk.gif

Batman went from camp as a row of tents to being the Dark Knight....Robin went from green spandex undies to Nightwing. C'mon Marvel give spidey some balls. thumbsup2.gif

I'll likely be crucified for saying so, but Ben Reilly, to me, was much more interesting (and more self-confident) than Puny Parker... 893whatthe.gif

-Joe