• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man film at 94% positive

71 posts in this topic

Yep...I thought Iron Man translated pretty well from when I was a kid to today. Just to be picky though, the one thing about the teaser tag at the end was that it's just not the person I wanted to see .....oops....better not spoil it.

Yeah, that threw for a loop. But I'm open-minded all considering... ;)

Frickin' wow! That movie was a blast! I can honestly say that was SO much better than Spider-Man 3--and you all know what a Spidey fan I am. Even my wife thought it was a fantastic movie. I'm definitely buying that movie when it comes out.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Yep...I thought Iron Man translated pretty well from when I was a kid to today. Just to be picky though, the one thing about the teaser tag at the end was that it's just not the person I wanted to see .....oops....better not spoil it.

Spoil it for me...

I'm not sure I'm going to be ablee to get to the theater soon.... :sorry:

SPOILER ALERT!

I'll spill the beans as it's really not that big of a deal.

Nick Fury tells Stark at the end that he wants to talk to him about the "Avengers Initiative"

Nick Fury being Samuel L. Jackson so kind of an "Ultimate" line Nick Fury.

That was it though...just the one line and Samuel doing what he does in the 200000 other movies he's been in.

and TOS is the new hot book in town!...

I bet Cal is doing backflips!

:applause:

and handstands!!!

CAL smilin' at last!!! :grin:

I saw the movie last night and thought it was just OK. I certainly liked all of the gadgets and gismos, but I wish the final fight scene at the end would have lasted longer such as the ones in all three Spider-man movies. Also I know this is a PG-13 movie, but at times it could have been a bit more realistic as far as violence is concerned. The torture Stark went through in the beginning looked nothing in comparison to Pierce Brosnan in Die Another Day. Other than the 3 soldier's who were shot up at the beginning and the bomb blowing up those two dudes in front of the door no one really gets hurt. There was hardly any blood or gore like Travolta in The Punisher. I wouldn't sit though it again. Gwyneth Paltrow was easy the best actor in movie. Her beauty is inexplicable. Moreover I just don't understand why people think this such a Blockbuster. It was one of those movies you take wife and kids to and sit there with all of the refreshments just enjoying a night out with the family. So in conclusion in rating this movie I wouldn't give any higher than a C+.

Just come back from the cinema (what a fanboy) and thought it was reasonably good...the first ten minutes promised more than they delivered in terms of the quality of the dialogue (which was excellent up until the expository stuff).

Downey Jr certainly has huge presence and everyone involved was decent enough. There were far less cringeworthy moments than usual for this type of flick (no horrible teen romantic sub-plots)

A couple of the action and gadgetry sequences worked really well and there were some very funny scenes, although it did descend into formula for the last half hour. All in all though it plays as well as any other hero movie. As good as I expected it to be, although I was hoping for a little more.