• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caught the Iron Man movie last night.

31 posts in this topic

The first one. I thought the first was beyond great. Only gripe of note was the Green Goblin mask. I thought the helmet mask thing looked pretty dumb. They should have made him look like an Orc of Goblin from Lord of the Rings instead of a silly bright green helmet. Other than that it was a nearly perfect movie in my opinion.

this iron man movie was what i have been waiting to see done with this character for years! This is the first time i can say i walked out of the theater liking the hero more than before i saw the movie.

i stayed, even told others to stay...and saw nothing even though I had been told there would be something there. PM me what it was.

PM sent

Me as well. :wishluck:

I just saw the movie, and I have to say I liked it. The first 3/4 were awesome, however I thought the final 1/4 and boss fight were lacking. I did really enjoy it though. I give it a B+.

In rank of recent Marvel movies I'd put it like this:

1st: Spider-man

2nd: X-men 2

3rd: X-men

4th: Iron Man

1st: Iron Man

2nd: Daredevil

3rd: Spider-Man 3

4th Spider-Man 2

5th: Spider-Man 1

6th: FF rise of the SILVER SURFER

Yes I did see X-Men, but it did not register enough for me to rank them.

CAL :hi:

Damn, Cal. I was totally buying your review of the movie until you made this post.

You sure Ghost Rider didn't sneak in at #3?

Dice - who thinks Cal is :screwy:

I think IM will do well not only standing on its own merits but also b/c it is now relevant for our times whereas when he was introduced not much so. Conversely, this is the reason why I don't think a Capt America won't work...bottom line--the character they select also needs to click and connect to the audience...so which one should it be?

I think Thor would actually work. IF they do something along the lines of the new Ages Of Thunder one-shot. Keeping him in his element, in Asgard fighting Frost Giants, Loki and the like.