• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY SCAMMER ALERT: LAWSON619606

67 posts in this topic

When a person bids on these low feedback, no return, small scan, poorly written ebay listings they must be hoping for a steal of a deal, undergraded, too good to be true buy. Once in a while it must be the case but I would rather pay a fair price and get my comic from a reliable seller. These scammers will continue to list on ebay if they are rewarded.

When a person bids on these low feedback, no return, small scan, poorly written ebay listings they must be hoping for a steal of a deal, undergraded, too good to be true buy.

Hope is the #1 product sold on eBay.

Sig line material if ever there was. (thumbs u

MY LAST COMMENT TO YOU BEFORE I GO, ""AGAIN, ONE DOWN AND TWO MORE TO GO, LOLOLOL, SOON .........

Did one of the azzwipe eBay scammers we expose final poke his pin-head in here or is this a shill funning with us?

:D

:signfunny:

:popcorn:

Trooper is already all over her .

If we can get Cal fired up the bum is dead meat.

:whistle:

I kind of regret starting this thread. I knew I was exposing myself as an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for bidding on this auction, but figured I'd get her name out there for the benefit of others.

What led me astray was a combination of wishful thinking, snap decision made at the end of an auction, and my faith in the power of the chargeback if necessary.

All I have done is create a new headache for myself and invite derision from the board. My sincere thanks to everyone who has offered helpful suggestions and sympathy here and via pm. For those of you who feel the need to simply point out the stupidity of my actions, well, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know.

Thank you sterling comics, my response does sound a bit overwrought. I'm just embarrassed.

And a huge, HUGE thank you to Point Five. He has no stake in this whatsoever but still took the time to provide really valuable information to both myself and the other guy who got burned by this scammer.

I kind of regret starting this thread.

It's never a waste of internet space to expose eBay scam artists.

(thumbs u

I kind of regret starting this thread. I knew I was exposing myself as an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for bidding on this auction, but figured I'd get her name out there for the benefit of others.

What led me astray was a combination of wishful thinking, snap decision made at the end of an auction, and my faith in the power of the chargeback if necessary.

All I have done is create a new headache for myself and invite derision from the board. My sincere thanks to everyone who has offered helpful suggestions and sympathy here and via pm. For those of you who feel the need to simply point out the stupidity of my actions, well, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know.

Dude, get out of the serious end of the pool. We have all done stupid things in our comic quests.

Very true.

As a matter of fact "what is the stupidest comic book decision you ever made ?" would be a good thread to complement the "smartest investment decision......" thread!

You might want to check this link, one of my former secretary's works for the NYS Internet Fraud unit, she says that they get a lot of these kinds of issues referred from the FBI, AND they follow up on them. I'm sure each or most States have a unit, but this should help.

FBI's Internet Fraud Unit, file a complaint.

Sorry you had to go through that, and it's not YOUR fault that the person was not upfront with you, it's their's. We can all be naive, it doesn't mean we deserve to be cheated.

Skypinkblu...

Thank you very much for this information...gives me the opportunity to go from simply getting my money back to maybe even dishing out a satisfying bit of payback, especially since there are (at least) two of us who have been defrauded.

A bit of friendly advice. Buy from noted sellers here on the board, and hit some comic-cons. You may not get that "sweet deal", but you are less likely to get burned. In the meantime, sell of that TOS, or frame it as a reminder.

A bit of friendly advice. Buy from noted sellers here on the board, and hit some comic-cons. You may not get that "sweet deal", but you are less likely to get burned. In the meantime, sell of that POS, or frame it as a reminder.

Fixed that for ya!