• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doll collecting group having super hero contest - with pics

9 posts in this topic

My wife collects Blythe dolls and the chat group she is a member of is having a contest to dress your doll up like your favorite hero. A couple were so funny I had to post them.

This first one is my favorite. Cap looks great in knits! lol

2443251987_f4d6b01c94_b.jpg

2426377607_49f2dfbf09_b.jpg

I love the glitter pants!

2457941586_54063cefc2_o.jpg

funny stuff I agree as well that cap is too cute! she should be punching that redskull with the shield or something though :D There is a whole new market for hasbro and to compete with barbie ... make all the characters girls & dress them up cute :P

Those dolls made my day. Are you planning to put up a prize for the best dressed?

The contest is being hosted on a Blythe Doll flickr site. They do have prizes (dolls, of course). The theme is heroes, but it is not limited to super-heroes. One entry is a custom doll, modified and dressed to look like Beatrix from Kill Bill. She then used Photoshop to recreate a version of the Kill Bill poster with her doll in it. The Photoshop skills of some of the people on that site is simply amazing. They recreate famous magazine covers using their dolls all the time, even Playboy. :o

I'm hesitant to post anymore images, because after I posted these three, my wife told me that it's a private photo site and many of the people get very angry if they find out their images have been posted elsewhere. I don't want her to get banned from the site.