• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help CGCing AF 15 from UK

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I would be very grateful if someone could give me an insufficiently_thoughtful_persons guide to getting my UK based pence copy of AF15 to CGC and back in the easiest and fastest way possible.

I figure that Im best to do this before selling right?

Sorry to have to ask but Im kind of still slightly baffled by the whole submitting to CGC thing and the UK location only adds to my confusion.

Many Thanks in advance.

I know that fellow mates of your have sent in books to get graded with no problem.

Here's a link to the CGC page where you can find local dealers that you can have submit your books through. http://www.cgccomics.com/services/dealer_listing.asp?State=UK

I guess, alternatively, you can join the collector's society for $99 USD for a year and you get grading for 3 books free, up to $4,000 but take 20 business days.

If it's valued greater than $4,000 then you will have to go through Walk Through service which is 2.5% of Fair Market Value with a minimum charge of $110 and max of $1000. Nice thing about that is that it's graded within a day.

If you go through a dealer in the UK (that's what I gather you're located, right?), you fill out the paperwork on their web site, send your book with payment to them and then they will send it to Sarasota, Florida for grading.

If you do it directly through the collector's society, then you send the books in for grading yourself. You have direct access to the submission center and can track your book online. In all cases you will have to pay for return shipping - not sure about shipping to CGC from the UK through a dealer, maybe there's some discount since they typically send a bunch more books than just yours, so there may be a discount there, but not sure.

Hopefully that helps.

...so Chuck was right after all hm

Seriously, how do you UK submittors handle customs fees??? If I had my FF#1 graded and CGC sent it back to me in Germany, wouldn't I be charged a pretty steep fee? (shrug)

Not that I would send my FF#1 anywhere... I'm just curious :baiting:

comics are duty free in the UK.

no tax to pay on the return.

I've sent a few things direct from the UK, and it's much cheaper, and no more hassle, than going through any dealer.

...so Chuck was right after all hm

Seriously, how do you UK submittors handle customs fees??? If I had my FF#1 graded and CGC sent it back to me in Germany, wouldn't I be charged a pretty steep fee? (shrug)

Not that I would send my FF#1 anywhere... I'm just curious :baiting:

You would not be charged any duties on your own book! The only possible fees could be on the holder itself but that is unlikely.