• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vampirella #113 How scarce?

10 posts in this topic

I picked this up at a flea market yesterday for $1! along with about 15 other issues #90-112 for the same price. The bad thing is they all grade out at VG. But I have never owned a copy of #113 since I've been in business (1992). How tough is this book?

998T3WV113.jpg

I will give you $2 for it...come on double your money haha. Congrats on the great find, I am not sure how many of these were printed however they seem hard to find. Mile high got one listed for $168 (the only one on ebay) and there are none in completed items.

I will give you $2 for it...come on double your money haha. Congrats on the great find, I am not sure how many of these were printed however they seem hard to find. Mile high got one listed for $168 (the only one on ebay) and there are none in completed items.

A smart man would take the 100% profit! I have been known to dumb many times!!

I'm gonna list it tonight and see what happens. thanks! Joey

Here are a couple things I found on the WORLD WIDE INTERWEB pertaining to VAMP113

This comic is both the end of an era and the beginning of an epoch! The end as it "finishes" the Warren Comics' era of Vampirella magazines, and the beginning as it starts the Harris Comics' run.

Published in 1988, this was the first Harris Vampirella comic ever and copied the Warren magazine format. It consisted of a number of black and white reprints from previous Warren magazines (see below), but wasn't a great success.

The returns were destroyed, so the only ones left in existance are ones that were bought at the time. This is one of the rarest Vampirella comics, and fetches top money on eBay.

and....

a CGC 8.5 copy sold through HERITAGE in 2005 for $184.00

also....

COMIC LINK has a 9.4 copy currently bid up to $375, with 10 days left

in addition....

Some guy somewhere posted this in a Vampirella forum....

"Went to Flying Colors comics of Concord, California. I looked in thier long box of Warren Mags, and way in the Back I found a copy of Vampirella #113 in fair shape, a bit roughed up, but no tears or rips, slighty browned pages for only ............$2!!!! that's right TWO DOLLARS!!!!! SCORE!!!!!!!! I already had (and Still have a NM Copy of Vampirella #113 I paid $10 for in 1995) , so I sold the $2 copy later on for $100."

So , he got $100 for his ratty copy in DEC of 2007...

hey I appreciate all that info! Cool story about the returns also! I don't remember ever seeing one of these before. I have had a few #112's in the last few years but this one has always eluded me!

I lucked out on my issue 113 a year ago on the Bay.

It was in a collection of about 10 other Vampis but well hidden in the grainy picture of the stack. The numbers were not listed ,but I saw the corner of 113 peaking out and hoped no one else did a which they didnt as I won the 10 Vampis for 65.00 all later issues all very fine condition or better including the 113

I have a copy, it can't be all that rare. Similarly, it came with a big jumble of mags my LCS let me have for like a buck a pop, he had not been paying attention to what was actually in the pile having just bought them from a homeless guy for 5 cents each. Mine is a solid 9.4....except for the bottom left corner, which is about a 2.0, so does that make it a 7.4 or an 11.4?