• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvels slate of films:IM 2, Thor, Cap America, and Avengers

71 posts in this topic

Wonder what type of cash Captain America will bring in over seas?

It will do well in Germany! :devil:

lol

I'm surprised there has been any political correctness backlash against Iron man blowing away middle eastern terrorists..

I would love to see a Cap movie with him fighting Al Qaeda and Hezbollah, doubt it would happen though.

Wonder what type of cash Captain America will bring in over seas?

It will do well in Germany! :devil:

lol

I'm surprised there has been any political correctness backlash against Iron man blowing away middle eastern terrorists..

I would love to see a Cap movie with him fighting Al Qaeda and Hezbollah, doubt it would happen though.

There should have been more! :gossip:

(Philly minds think a like, lol) (I am from Philly originally)

GO FLYERS!!!

Thor seems like a terrible choice.

Where's the Black Bolt movie! :sumo:

Whaaa? Thor has rich story lines to tap, if done properly it could be like a mini Lord of the Rings.

Except Thor is in the present and generally hangs out in New York.

If they take it to Asgard and do a good mythological God story, ok.

To that that character and put him on earth and make him a super-hero, I just don't see that looking anything but bad. Then again, I never cared for the Earth stories in the comics either. Give me Odin, Loki, Ulik and Asgard any day.

You're pretty much stating my thoughts exactly. If they stick to the mythological god route, I'd really be interested... but I'm not sure how it will translate over into the Big Apple. I was a little taken aback at first the casting of Samuel L. for Nick Fury, but the more I think about it, it's really an exceptionally smart choice. So, I'll be looking forward to seeing S.H.I.E.L.D.'s later involvement as well. Two Avengers movies in one summer though... that could either blow up in a good way or bad way--hopefully for the best.

In any event, I love seeing all of these comic heroes up on the big screen even if all of the showings aren't 100% spot on.

I was a little taken aback at first the casting of Samuel L. for Nick Fury, but the more I think about it, it's really an exceptionally smart choice.

I agree Samuel Jackson is one great actor. I think he will do wonders for Nick Fury.

I was a little taken aback at first the casting of Samuel L. for Nick Fury, but the more I think about it, it's really an exceptionally smart choice.

I agree Samuel Jackson is one great actor. I think he will do wonders for Nick Fury.

Better than the Hoff? hm

Better than the Hoff? hm

Only a little. meh

god I hope Brad Pitt never touches a comic movie.

You know it's not like 90% of the superhero movies have top quality actors. If you saw Troy though, you'd have to agree that he would look the part.

And Brad has been in his share of pretty good movies even if he is not the greates actor.

Meet Joe Black, Troy, that boxing movie whatever it's called...all great flicks to watch and rewatch.

That's my opinion.

And you know what? Call a spade a spade. The guy is good looking. Reminds of Robert Redford.

R.

Oh if i wasn't the fat blob i am i'd love to look half has good as Pitt. I can admit he's fairly dreamy.

I just think he's fairly vacant when it comes to acting. Manaquin Skywalker type of vacant.

His really good movies make the leap because of the rest of the cast and the writing, not anything he brings.

That's just me though.

he was good in Kalifornia, Interview with the Vampire ,The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and Babel. the trouble with him is his decent looks. some people think he is a pretty boy which they don`t take seriously. maybe he should try to look more like woody allen.

Whaaa? Thor has rich story lines to tap, if done properly it could be like a mini Lord of the Rings.

Exactly. Probably one of the most visually rich of any character out there.

Personally I think Brad Pitt would make a great Thor. I thought he did a great job in Troy (not the greatest actor but visually). Thor does not have to weigh 450 lbs. A lean, mean Kirbyesque Thor would Rock!!

R.

hm Or they could get Thor to play Thor!

2d89feeac97e0584c117c8025c107401.jpg

Except Thor is in the present and generally hangs out in New York.

If they take it to Asgard and do a good mythological God story, ok.

To that that character and put him on earth and make him a super-hero, I just don't see that looking anything but bad. Then again, I never cared for the Earth stories in the comics either. Give me Odin, Loki, Ulik and Asgard any day.

You're pretty much stating my thoughts exactly. If they stick to the mythological god route, I'd really be interested... but I'm not sure how it will translate over into the Big Apple. I was a little taken aback at first the casting of Samuel L. for Nick Fury, but the more I think about it, it's really an exceptionally smart choice. So, I'll be looking forward to seeing S.H.I.E.L.D.'s later involvement as well. Two Avengers movies in one summer though... that could either blow up in a good way or bad way--hopefully for the best.

In any event, I love seeing all of these comic heroes up on the big screen even if all of the showings aren't 100% spot on.

Guaranteed it would be old world Thor and none of this modern day Asgard on Earth nonsense (what a travesty). They already have the Surtur Saga to lean on as a storyline and as far as story boards go they could copy Simonson's work to cover off the bulk of the back story. Issue #349 comes to mind as Odin tells Thor of the history of his brothers and their faithful meeting with Surtur eons ago. Loki is an obvious choice but I think they would be better served if they went with the sure thing (Surtur Saga) because it summarizes so much of the lore and involves many of the characters. My personal favorite would be the brittle bones curse that Hela put on Thor and then he travels to Hell in the Destroyer's shell to kick some tail, doesn't get any better than that. :cloud9: Think I'm going to read that arc tonight for the 100th time, classic!

Anything from the Kree Skrull war era would be mind boggling to see on screen if it was done well...doubt it though.

Anything through the bronze era was a good read and probably the most definitive Avengers stuff available...Byrne, Perez, etc.

The Wundagore story line with Quicksilver/Scarlett Witch was pretty terrific too.

R.

I don't think I could sit through two hours of someone saying "Thee, thy, thine" etc. without wanting to kill somebody

I don't think I could sit through two hours of someone saying "Thee, thy, thine" etc. without wanting to kill somebody

:baiting:

doh!

You're right Sal. A Doom Patrol movie would be better.

:baiting:

Maybe a Black Bolt movie is more up your alley? Two hours of a guy that can't talk followed by a few screams. :D