• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what`s will be a better investment in 5 years AF 15 CGC 2.0 or TOS 39 CGC 4.0 ?

37 posts in this topic

Don't look at the movie profits to make your decision. Maybe they just made a good movie. And as far as box office profit goes, remember ticket prices are always rising. It seems like we have a new box office record every two years or so.

Amazing Fantasy #15 is the better book to buy.

This is a stupid question. Really, really, really stupid.

Ask a muggle to name a superhero. They will answer, in no particular order, Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

Total domestic box office

Iron Man $276,166,336 total domestic box office and still climbing

Batman Begins $205,343,774 total domestic box office

Superman Returns $200,081,192 total domestic box office

Iron Man allready topped both the big 2 at the box office, As I stated before the modern young generation can relate to him more. my question was the better investment in 5 years. not now.

:gossip: Do you know which movie IM didn't top for Memorial Day Weekend openers?

Spider-Man ;) Look at it from this perspective: why do you think the original art from AF 15 was entered into the Library Congress' Special Collections? It's because the webslinger has become a part of Americana.

I don't have GPA, but can anyone post up the figures on AF 15 1.0-6.0 and ToS 1.0-6.0? Look at the price comparisons from low to mid grade and I think the yearly % increases (nevermind the actual values) will demonstrate which is a more solid choice. Is ToS 39 a bad investment? No way. Is it better than AF 15? No way.

AF 15 CGC 3.5 and above, TOS 39 CGC 2.5 and above, all look good at the moment; nice 45 degree trend angle on most graded copies without any flat-lining in sight, at this stage.

See the above.If the voice of the Statistics KING won't do...what will ? Just remember...when the first OPG came out I believe it was Single Series # 20 that was king of the hill....a reprint title that featured a collection of Hal Foster Tarzan Sundays.Times change...and though Iron Man may not OVERTAKE Spidey,he may displace the FF AS THE #2 Marvel money book in the back issue arena.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AF 15 CGC 3.5 and above, TOS 39 CGC 2.5 and above, all look good at the moment; nice 45 degree trend angle on most graded copies without any flat-lining in sight, at this stage.

See the above.If the voice of the Statistics KING won't do...what will ? Just remember...when the first OPG came out I believe it was Single Series # 20 that was king of the hill....a reprint title that featured a collection of Hal Foster Tarzan Sundays.Times change...and though Iron Man may not OVERTAKE Spidey,he may displace the FF AS THE #2 Marvel money book in the back issue arena.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

thats what I been thinking, especially when the new ironman cartoon debuts on Nickelodeon next year. skys the limit for AF 15 and TOS 39. two great characters who adapted to the modern times. hats off to Marvel for keeping the interest alive. now if only we can get that big blockbuster Doctor Strange movie made.

i think AF 2.0 might be maxed out for a little while after tremendous growth while iron man is red hot and should continue to be so for awhile with a sequel in the works - combine 4.0(sgnificantly higher grade) with room to grow and i think over the next five years TOS 39 might just nip AF 15!

AF 15 forever. However, my interest in Iron Man definitely rose because of the movie. Never really would have thought of picking up Iron Man's first appearance until now and I've been collecting for almost 25 years.

I think I am easily influenced by movies. :P

AF 15 forever. However, my interest in Iron Man definitely rose because of the movie. Never really would have thought of picking up Iron Man's first appearance until now and I've been collecting for almost 25 years.

I think I am easily influenced by movies. :P

No kidding, right? I've always slotted Iron Man as a solid B-lister, support case member, etc. After reading the Civil War series, I really liked the direction they took him in, but back on the shelf. Then, after watching the movie, I'd say I'm pretty interested in looking at a ToS 39 down the road. But there are other grails to come first ;)

Ok people stop clowning around, everyone knows it's Iron man all the way...anyone know of a good deal on an AF #15 ;)

Anyhow, I wouldn't buy a comic based on a movie unless you're looking to make a few bucks flipping it.

i think AF 2.0 might be maxed out for a little while after tremendous growth while iron man is red hot and should continue to be so for awhile with a sequel in the works - combine 4.0(sgnificantly higher grade) with room to grow and i think over the next five years TOS 39 might just nip AF 15!

i think they'll stay pretty close.

Personaly, I think you could see whole new ground with the AF15 in lower grades. This could put something like a 1.5 AF15 in league with a 4.0 TOS 39. I'm sure you will seen new ground with the TOS 39 as well but I don't think it will be able to keep it.