• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage free OS DL for winner or underbidder

19 posts in this topic

how do you guys/gals feel about this?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Heritage Offers Free e-Overstreet Guide to Amazing Comics Auctions™ Winners and Underbidders

For the rest of 2003, Heritage will give every Amazing Comics Auctions™ winner and underbidder a free download of the electronic version of The Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide™, a $25 value.

“We didn’t think it was possible,” said Lon Allen, Heritage’s Auction Coordinator. “We’re not exactly shy about tooting our own horn - but it seems there are still a few people out there who don’t know about our Amazing Comics Auctions™. Now, maybe they’ve been vacationing on the Moon, or have spent the last 40 years in a Cold War bomb shelter. Whatever the reason, we want to get the word out to EVERYONE that our ACA sales start (and end) on the first and third Sunday each and every month.”

You’ll find these auctions 24/7, on Heritage’s website www.HeritageComics.com. Registering to bid is free and easy, and will get you additional benefits as a member of Heritage’s free web-based comics community (over 16,000 members and growing fast).

There’s no need to wait for a convention or a special sale. Twice each month Heritage offers nearly 1,000 lots of Golden, Silver, Bronze and Modern Age comics, rare and sought-after original art, cool memorabilia, and much, much more. There’s no telling what you’ll find in an Amazing Comics Auction!

Rules: If you’re the high bidder, or the direct under-bidder (i.e. the second highest bid), on any lot that sells in any ACA sale through the end of 2003, you’ll receive a FREE Electronic Overstreet Price Guide download! No more thumbing through pages to look up a comic price; just a couple clicks and you’re there. Normally, these time-saving downloads will set you back $25 (if you prefer just to buy one, go to: http://www.heritagecomics.com/sales/overstreet.asp), but you can get one FREE simply by successfully (or nearly-successfully) participating in “The Best-Kept Secret in Comics”! But remember, this offer applies to AMAZING COMICS AUCTIONS only, and only for those auctions that end in 2003.

I won some books in the auction that ended about a week ago. (Received them yesterday and was pleased.)

Anyway, I got the email with the code for the download and installed it on my computer. The download took a while and you get no indication of progress, so the first time I tried, I thought I had screwed up and disconnected before the download was complete. I didn't time it, but with my dial up connection it took something like 15-30 minutes (21MB, I think).

I guess it's okay. It's in Adobe Acrobat, so you can do searches for character strings if you want. There is a sidebar with letter indices, so you can click and pop to other sections.

To me, I prefer using the book.

But it was free, no catches, no experiantion after a sample period (that I know of). You just get to download and install it once and supposedly you won't be able to install it on another machine (which I haven't tried).

ECFANMAN

I installed a free version also, haven't really used it much. It seems much easier to just use the book. The biggest thing I would want would be to print specific pages, although I am not sure if it possible. Has anyone been able to achieve this?

Sounds pretty good actually.. a great enticement especially since the year is half over.

I wonder how it'll look on a PDA?

So I'm going through the Heritage site looking for comics to bid on.. and I see the X-men #14 8.5 I sold just a couple of months ago! And on eBay, another couple of comics I just sold!

Man.. is everyone flipping books or what? I thought they were going into collections, but evidently not.

(It'd be ironic to buy my old book back at a lower price though.)

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Heritage Offers Free e-Overstreet Guide to Amazing Comics Auctions™ Winners and Underbidders

For the rest of 2003, Heritage will give every Amazing Comics Auctions™ winner and underbidder a free download of the electronic version of The Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide™, a $25 value.

“We didn’t think it was possible,” said Lon Allen, Heritage’s Auction Coordinator. “We’re not exactly shy about tooting our own horn - but it seems there are still a few people out there who don’t know about our Amazing Comics Auctions™. Now, maybe they’ve been vacationing on the Moon, or have spent the last 40 years in a Cold War bomb shelter. Whatever the reason, we want to get the word out to EVERYONE that our ACA sales start (and end) on the first and third Sunday each and every month.”

You’ll find these auctions 24/7, on Heritage’s website www.HeritageComics.com. Registering to bid is free and easy, and will get you additional benefits as a member of Heritage’s free web-based comics community (over 16,000 members and growing fast).

There’s no need to wait for a convention or a special sale. Twice each month Heritage offers nearly 1,000 lots of Golden, Silver, Bronze and Modern Age comics, rare and sought-after original art, cool memorabilia, and much, much more. There’s no telling what you’ll find in an Amazing Comics Auction!

Rules: If you’re the high bidder, or the direct under-bidder (i.e. the second highest bid), on any lot that sells in any ACA sale through the end of 2003, you’ll receive a FREE Electronic Overstreet Price Guide download! No more thumbing through pages to look up a comic price; just a couple clicks and you’re there. Normally, these time-saving downloads will set you back $25 (if you prefer just to buy one, go to: http://www.heritagecomics.com/sales/overstreet.asp), but you can get one FREE simply by successfully (or nearly-successfully) participating in “The Best-Kept Secret in Comics”! But remember, this offer applies to AMAZING COMICS AUCTIONS only, and only for those auctions that end in 2003.

I won a Heritage auction last night. So how do I get my password?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I won a Heritage auction last night. So how do I get my password?

I won some Heritage auctions two weeks ago. I paid for them the following Monday and received the email with the code on Wednesday. I don't know if you have to pay first or it just takes them a couple of days to get around to it.

I won some items last night also. I have no idea if they will send me a code to put it on a second computer.

Does that mean you only get it once for any auctions you win in 2003 or you'll get it again if you win another auction? I missed out on winning an auction this round but I'd still like to get that Download.

If someone has multiple download/serials, are they allowed to sell the extras as well?

I won some Heritage auctions two weeks ago. I paid for them the following Monday and received the email with the code on Wednesday. I don't know if you have to pay first or it just takes them a couple of days to get around to it.

I won some items last night also. I have no idea if they will send me a code to put it on a second computer.

Still haven't got mine a week after paying for my auction win. Everybody elase got their code?