• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel's create your own superhero

48 posts in this topic

This slightly evil but overweight hero is non other than "COMIC CON MAN". He has two alter egos...Collector and Dealer.

As Dealer, he is armed with sticks, indestructible metal hands...he thwarts other dealers during the pre-opening buying extravaganza and theives from stealing his stash. Don't let that sly smile and wink fool you...he's after your hard earned money.

As Collector , he is armed with cell phone (with a hands free set so he doesn't have to stop handling books) and a blackberry so that he can immediately sniff out great deals and refer to his moble GPAnalysis. His comfortable greggy-like short shorts, combat boots and knee pads help him fight off competitors in his quest for his comic holy grail.

57815-Comicconman.jpg.d76521bbf008c66c0eabfa0e70175f76.jpg

This slightly evil but overweight hero is non other than "COMIC CON MAN". He has two alter egos...Collector and Dealer.

As Dealer, he is armed with sticks, indestructible metal hands...he twarts other dealers during the pre-opening buying extravaganza and theives from stealing his stash. Don't let that sly smile and wink fool you...he's after your hard earned money.

As Collector , he is armed with cell phone (with a hands free set so he doesn't have to stop handling books) and a blackberry so that he can immediately sniff out great deals and refer to his moble GPAnalysis. His comfortable greggy-like short shorts, combat boots and knee pads help him fight off competitors in his quest for his comic holy grail.

Beautiful !!....Love it ! ..I think Comic Con wins.......... :applause:

Now send my books out and quit playing computer dress up games .. :baiting:..........BH

I gotta bump this guy , Sterling , . More people need a chance to see this piece of work !. :applause::applause: ...............Bh

As Dealer, he is armed with sticks, indestructible metal hands...he twarts other dealers during the pre-opening buying extravaganza and theives from stealing his stash. Don't let that sly smile and wink fool you...he's after your hard earned money.

Whoohoo hear she comes...watch out boy she'll chew you up...and she's hungry...for your comics....Meet CONPLICE...she works with characters unknown to become a decoy for dealers while the theifs take away their precious high grade silver age Marvels. Little is known about Conplice except that she works the comic cons around the globe and is rumored to work for just about anyone who has the dough.

A few of her associates say that she is saving up money for a breast implant.

Gentlemen, be wary of this sultry enchantress.

57819-Conplice.jpg.4e2e10ae6a997e3de5c668362840cae6.jpg

wifebeater.jpg

Comic Con Man's brother and arch-enemy never left moms basement. He's on his sixth unsuccessful marriage and still has several restraining orders in effect against him. He's the guy that runs the hot dog truck outside of the comicon.

I don't want to get into producing a pic, but I do have a serious character in mind for a hero. How about a "Mr. Miss"? He could even be gay (with a name like that)if that is what is selling nowadays (I don't think so though).

Whatever is sent at him, misses. Simple really.

Imagine him jumping in front of all of the other hero's during battles, and whatever is going towards him (and thus them), misses.

A blast or rocket going towards their craft, misses, because he is in it. An asteroid heading towards earth with potential devastation, averted because another hero carries Mr. Miss out and holds him in the path.

A punch is thrown at him and misses, causing the punch to hit another bad guy (or perhaps another good hero, which is the "catch" to his power). Imagine the agony he could be constantly going through when something directed towards him, misses and hits an orphanage.

It could even be made that a nuke thrown at the city he is in, hits a different city, just because he is in the first city. The decisions he would have to make, over life and death. Deciding who to save and who to sacrifice, but maybe not always being accurate (assuming that if he is "protecting Washington D.C. that the miss will hit Gotham City, but it actually hits Baltimore or New York. He would be one hero that could close his eyes and sleep without worry, but not really. He would be worried that because of him being who he is and where he is, that others are surely doomed, but he saving those around him. What irony. What mental torture. What decisions. The USA is saved but Canada is wiped out. New York is saved but Pittsburgh is wiped out. Captain America is saved but Mr. Miss' son is lost.

So much to play with, with this simple "power".

He could wear a bullseye on his chest, like, well, "Bullseye". Imagine the frustration and tactics Bullseye would have to incorporate to battle "Mr. Miss". A bad guy who never misses vs a good guy who can't be hit. If Mr. Miss was a villian, then the hero's would have to constantly devise tactics that circumvent his "power", but because he is who he is, they would continually strike out. He could not be captured because a hand could not be laid upon him. A cage or ray could not surround him.

Now, don't steal my idea. It is in writing now :)

Any thoughts about my fictional character?

I don't want to get into producing a pic, but I do have a serious character in mind for a hero. How about a "Mr. Miss"? He could even be gay (with a name like that)if that is what is selling nowadays (I don't think so though).

Imagine him jumping in front of all of the other hero's during battles, and whatever is going towards him (and thus them), misses.

A blast or rocket going towards their craft, misses, because he is in it. An asteroid heading towards earth with potential devastation, averted because another hero carries Mr. Miss out and holds him in the path.

A punch is thrown at him and misses, causing the punch to hit another bad guy (or perhaps another good hero, which is the "catch" to his power). Imagine the agony he could be constantly going through when something directed towards him, misses and hits an orphanage.

It could even be made that a nuke thrown at the city he is in, hits a different city, just because he is in the first city. The decisions he would have to make, over life and death. Deciding who to save and who to sacrifice, but maybe not always being accurate (assuming that if he is "protecting Washington D.C. that the miss will hit Gotham City, but it actually hits Baltimore or New York. He would be one hero that could close his eyes and sleep without worry, but not really. He would be worried that because of him being who he is and where he is, that others are surely doomed, but he saving those around him. What irony. What mental torture. What decisions. The USA is saved but Canada is wiped out. New York is saved but Pittsburgh is wiped out. Captain America is saved but Mr. Miss' son is lost.

He could wear a bullseye on his chest, like, well, "Bullseye". Imagine the frustration and tactics Bullseye would have to incorporate to battle "Mr. Miss". A bad guy who never misses vs a good guy who can't be hit. If Mr. Miss was a villian, then the hero's would have to constantly devise tactics that circumvent his "power", but because he is who he is, they would continually strike out. He could not be captured because a hand could not be laid upon him. A cage or ray could not surround him.

Sorry don't like it since Canada gets wiped out. Now stop being lazy and go create a character :P

Uh , No ..........but I'm sure JC will ....... :whistle:

Okay. I will save Canada just for you (see, this is exactly what "Mr. Miss would have to go through), but refuse to do a character pic. I am too old for that. I do see him in my mind though. Us old guys still use our imaginations. I used to play superhero with a towel tied around my neck, or a metal garbage can lid and a stick for sword fighting. Nowadays, kids actually have mom or dad buy them a cape, gloves or working light saber to "play". Although I have seen many twenty and thirty year olds at conventions, doing the same thing.

No, no pic of a character, but I will save Canada, no matter how boring it is :)

hmmm, now who has to go to save Canada? Mexico? Colombia? How about France? Okay, I have made my decision. Canada stays and ................... goes.

Don't want to start an international war, so I will just do what I have to do and let CNN tell the story. (Actually Fox News would probably get it more correct).

Whoohoo hear she comes...watch out boy she'll chew you up...and she's hungry...for your comics....Meet CONPLICE...she works with characters unknown to become a decoy for dealers while the theifs take away their precious high grade silver age Marvels. Little is known about Conplice except that she works the comic cons around the globe and is rumored to work for just about anyone who has the dough.

A few of her associates say that she is saving up money for a breast implant.

Gentlemen, be wary of this sultry enchantress.

Here's Conplice's brother , ......Ahem ,.........Codpiece .... :eek:

Codpiece-1.jpg

It has been done. His name is Unus the untouchable. Nothing sent at him can hit him it gets deflected away.

The primary difference being your idea is comedic in nature, and he is gay.

Okay. I will save Canada just for you (see, this is exactly what "Mr. Miss would have to go through), but refuse to do a character pic. I am too old for that. I do see him in my mind though. Us old guys still use our imaginations. I used to play superhero with a towel tied around my neck, or a metal garbage can lid and a stick for sword fighting. Nowadays, kids actually have mom or dad buy them a cape, gloves or working light saber to "play". Although I have seen many twenty and thirty year olds at conventions, doing the same thing.

No, no pic of a character, but I will save Canada, no matter how boring it is :)

hmmm, now who has to go to save Canada? Mexico? Colombia? How about France? Okay, I have made my decision. Canada stays and ................... goes.

Don't want to start an international war, so I will just do what I have to do and let CNN tell the story. (Actually Fox News would probably get it more correct).

Try a rope around your neck instead ................and don't forget to kick the chair out from under you !.... :whistle:

Mr. Miss is almost like Captain Jack Harkness from Dr.who/Torchwood just that it dont matter if he get hit because he will just revive since he can't die. Plus jack is gay and I don't know what doing other alien species would be called lol.

To many words for this thread. I didn't even read this and know for a fact that it's a bad idea.

My My bhh, I don't really understand your "joke" about the chair, but nevertheless, I will have my "guy" save Dallas also.

Was going to anyway as I have family there.

ArtBoy, thanks. I am familiar with Unus the Untouchable's name, but have never actually read a story about him. I assumed he could not be harmed, but I think that he differs a lot with my made up character. My "guy" has a cooler name, is a good guy who is constantly bothered by his "power" and suffers much mental stress by his decisions and by his sheer location at any given time. He is bothered and tormented just by being wherever he is, because as soon as someone tries to kill him, someone else will probably die instead. He can't even hide nor turn off his power. It is always there. Always working. Try to stab him and you may stab yourself. Try to kiss him and you may kiss a lamp post, or a dog peeing on said lamp post.

Of course it is all made up guys.

Maybe I will develop a character called "Chill Pill". He can calm down anyone with just a kind word.

Peace............................ hopefully.