• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraud FF 27 in Comiclink auction

164 posts in this topic

I don't understand how any reputable auction house or dealer can justify selling anything "graded" by PGX. I guess it all comes down to greed, because common sense obviously has nothing to do with it.

As far as I'm concerned Josh and C-Link are as liable in this as PGX and the owner of the book.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are liable, but I am disappointed that PGX books are starting to litter their auctions.

I would. :grin:

Nice avatar BTW, is there a larger version of it somewhere I could see?

What's of particular interest is that there are 2 copies of this book in 9.4 up for auction. while the PGX one has twice as many bids, the CGC one is currently going for 3X's the money.

someone who buys the PGX copy to own a beautiful copy for their own collection may well be quite happy with what they get. However if they but it cheap to resub to CGC, they will be in for a RUDE AWAKENING................. :sumo:

I don't understand how any reputable auction house or dealer can justify selling anything "graded" by PGX. I guess it all comes down to greed, because common sense obviously has nothing to do with it.

As far as I'm concerned Josh and C-Link are as liable in this as PGX and the owner of the book.

I agree, at least to an extent. Josh may not necessarily be liable from a legal perspective but if I were him I'd choose to not allow PGX books just to avoid things like this happening. PGX is incompetent, that we already knew. Not that their incompetence should give them a pass. The owner though is definitely shady. Wish I could remember if PGCMint bought or sold this book on Ebay and if he sold it I wish I remembered who the buyer was :frustrated:

Nah, just saw the book. I'm sure Josh will be suing my arse off before I even wake up tomorrow.

Fixed! (thumbs u

Ha... I was actually wondering if the thread might get pulled. Can I get odds on whether this thread makes it longer than the auction does?

I'd also watch out for "you know who" as this post is in direct violation of board rules. (tsk)

who, Voldemort?

So Troll-Boy, you're actually demented enough to believe that Voldemort owns and runs the CGC boards? :insane:

The book was previously listed on PGC Mint's site but it's no longer listed and it isn't in the "sold" section either. Can't blame Comiclink at this stage unless they don't do anything about it.

Interesting hm

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are liable, but I am disappointed that PGX books are starting to litter their auctions.

You want them LARGER??

You want them LARGER??

I don't know about "them", but yes, I'd like to see a larger version of this:

1940.jpg

I got it off of Diamond's web site (the flash stuff on the first page for Marvel)...looks like a bunch of skull skrulls...

57766-skull.JPG.aceb42f3f85e6afe0e053f80f57e11cf.JPG

Was cgc informed by the owner that this was a married book when they graded it?

How would anyone other than the owner and CGC know the answer to this question? But regardless, I don't see how that's relevant anyway.

You want them LARGER??

I don't know about "them", but yes, I'd like to see a larger version of this:

1940.jpg

:roflmao: I thought you were talking about DiceX's new avatar!! :roflmao:

My bad! :)

How would anyone other than the owner and CGC know the answer to this question? But regardless, I don't see how that's relevant anyway.

I was wondering if the book had more of a history and if the owner who submitted it to cgc knew he had a married cover, that's all. Sometime married covers are extremely difficult to spot. If the owner knew it and was honest enough to tell cgc, but pgx didn't have that info, it puts things in a different light. We're all just speculating anyway. I have no allegiance to pgx, at all and cgc can miss things like this also.

I don't see how they are liable. They are the conduit for book sales an not the owner. If someone was defrauded I say Clink Liability ends when they had over the selelrs info

Hi Guys,

I just finished reading thru this thread. To echo the sentiments expressed on these boards, good catch! "Liable" or not, I don't want any of our bidders to purchase any book with undisclosed restoration. I just had it pulled from the auction and notified the consignor of the discrepancy between the CGC and PGX assessment.

Thanks!

Josh

I was wondering if the book had more of a history and if the owner who submitted it to cgc knew he had a married cover, that's all. Sometime married covers are extremely difficult to spot. If the owner knew it and was honest enough to tell cgc, but pgx didn't have that info, it puts things in a different light. We're all just speculating anyway. I have no allegiance to pgx, at all and cgc can miss things like this also.

More info on the history of the book would be good so i don't disagree with you on that. But really, PGX's credibility with spotting stuff like this is shot, the point here wasnt that they missed something. The point is that the owner knows what he's trying to pass off through CL and it's shady. Whether CGC was told about the married cover and PGX wasn't is not relevant to that point.

Hi Guys,

I just finished reading thru this thread. To echo the sentiments expressed on these boards, good catch! "Liable" or not, I don't want any of our bidders to purchase any book with undisclosed restoration. I just had it pulled from the auction and notified the consignor of the discrepancy between the CGC and PGX assessment.

Thanks!

Josh

:applause: Stand up decision Josh.