• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraud FF 27 in Comiclink auction

164 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I just finished reading thru this thread. To echo the sentiments expressed on these boards, good catch! "Liable" or not, I don't want any of our bidders to purchase any book with undisclosed restoration. I just had it pulled from the auction and notified the consignor of the discrepancy between the CGC and PGX assessment.

Thanks!

Josh

Well done laddie.

Whiskey for everyone!

I don't understand how any reputable auction house or dealer can justify selling anything "graded" by PGX. I guess it all comes down to greed, because common sense obviously has nothing to do with it.

As far as I'm concerned Josh and C-Link are as liable in this as PGX and the owner of the book.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are liable, but I am disappointed that PGX books are starting to litter their auctions.

I would. :grin:

Nice avatar BTW, is there a larger version of it somewhere I could see?

You want them LARGER??

I don't know about "them", but yes, I'd like to see a larger version of this:

1940.jpg

:roflmao: I thought you were talking about DiceX's new avatar!! :roflmao:

My bad! :)

Ok, well I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger picture of that avatar either, now that you mention it. :grin:

Hi Guys,

I just finished reading thru this thread. To echo the sentiments expressed on these boards, good catch! "Liable" or not, I don't want any of our bidders to purchase any book with undisclosed restoration. I just had it pulled from the auction and notified the consignor of the discrepancy between the CGC and PGX assessment.

Thanks!

Josh

Maybe "liable" isn't the correct term, perhaps "responsible" would be a better word.

Nice job on taking responsibility for the contents of your auction and pulling the book. Good show. (thumbs u

I guess what I would like to know is if the consignor was aware of this or just an innocent party as well as who the consignor was. A lot of times we hear of these cases but we never know who the people are who are doing these things. Is it just a few people doing it over and over again?

This is why the Network of Disclosure should exist. If anyone in the "sales chain" were a NOD member, the point would be moot - the information would be freely available.

NOD is a noble organization, and definitely should exist.

But NOD membership, in and of itself, does not ensure that things like this won't happen. An anonymous venue like a C-Link auction is the ideal place for anyone, NOD member or not, to move an undesirable or tainted book.

True on both counts, just like law enforcement personnel who are sworn to uphold the law sometimes become criminals. It happens. Hopefully not often.

This is why the Network of Disclosure should exist. If anyone in the "sales chain" were a NOD member, the point would be moot - the information would be freely available.

NOD is a noble organization, and definitely should exist.

But NOD membership, in and of itself, does not ensure that things like this won't happen. An anonymous venue like a C-Link auction is the ideal place for anyone, NOD member or not, to move an undesirable or tainted book.

Very true. We`ve seen NOD members violate the rules. They suffered some embarassment, but at the end of the day that was all.

Now if NOD had a charter rules that allowed the rest of the members to hold a blanket party if a member violated a rule... hm

I voted to allow execution of the violator's spouse, but was voted down. :gossip::whistle:

I don't understand how any reputable auction house or dealer can justify selling anything "graded" by PGX. I guess it all comes down to greed, because common sense obviously has nothing to do with it.

As far as I'm concerned Josh and C-Link are as liable in this as PGX and the owner of the book.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are liable, but I am disappointed that PGX books are starting to litter their auctions.

You want them LARGER??

1940.jpg

Ok, well I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger picture of that avatar either, now that you mention it. :grin:

hm

I had to edit it a little to get it under the 20k allowable size.

Arch needs to give us a little more room.

150x150 in size would be nice too.

57768-5693.gif.98879cbbd1ac6686fe9ae5eec58382c3.gif

:o

They're just glands!

And they are Gland-tastic. (thumbs u

C

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Josh

(thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u :applause: I applaud you for taking a stand and doing the right thing.

Andrew

:o

They're just glands!

Very nice looking glands, imo. ^^

DD :blush:

Yes...Danny Dupcak is also a gland!

You want them LARGER??

1940.jpg

hm

I can stare at them all day. (worship)

You want them LARGER??

1940.jpg

hm

I can stare at them all day. (worship)

Yes. They're quite mammarizing.

You want them LARGER??

1940.jpg

hm

I agree...Arch!!!...we need more room for boobs!!!... :makepoint: