• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non existant UXM #360 'variant'

17 posts in this topic

For some time now it's been bothering me about the four versions of the Uncanny X-Men #360 that are listed in the sets makeup. I am pretty sure that there are only three versions of this book - DF, Holofoil & regular and that the eroneous 'variant' cover is actually people sending their holofoils or DF's for grading, unaware of their true designation.

Can this be corrected if I'm right please

For some time now it's been bothering me about the four versions of the Uncanny X-Men #360 that are listed in the sets makeup. I am pretty sure that there are only three versions of this book - DF, Holofoil & regular and that the eroneous 'variant' cover is actually people sending their holofoils or DF's for grading, unaware of their true designation.

Can this be corrected if I'm right please

can anyone provide scans of their #360 variant?

I'll take a look at my copy when I get back in. It's only been up there for about a month. I can tell you for a fact that is not a DF or holofoil copy. I picked it up on Ebay before my own submissions came back for that issue.

The Regular and DF in my set were graded from my own collection. I also have a Holofoil graded that is not listed in my set that came back lower than expected. (Never looked at the back cover)

There is a problem with the 381 variants for sure however.

Some of the 381 DF Chromes are mistakenly registered as 'Holofoil', I should know since I have a Chrome that just came back as 'Holofoil' instead of Chrome. I even sent in the DF certficate but it still got messed up.

There is no "DF Holofoil" for that issue.

I'll take a look at my copy when I get back in. It's only been up there for about a month. I can tell you for a fact that is not a DF or holofoil copy. I picked it up on Ebay before my own submissions came back for that issue.

The Regular and DF in my set were graded from my own collection. I also have a Holofoil graded that is not listed in my set that came back lower than expected. (Never looked at the back cover)

There is a problem with the 381 variants for sure however.

Some of the 381 DF Chromes are mistakenly registered as 'Holofoil', I should know since I have a Chrome that just came back as 'Holofoil' instead of Chrome. I even sent in the DF certficate but it still got messed up.

There is no "DF Holofoil" for that issue.

I agree, there is no 'holofoil' issue it is the 'chrome' cover. If you look at the sets no one that has a 'holofoil' has a 'chrome' and vice verser. I've looked in every listing I can find on the web and hardcopy and the #360 'variant' and #381 'holofoil' don't exist ....

So to tidy up the sets so that they can be completed, the following needs actioned:

#307 - Gold variant needs adding

#360 - three slots: DF, Holofoil & Reg

#381 - Four slots: DF, Chrome, Variant & Reg

Any others or is everyone in agreement??

I see the following missing:

221 So Much Fun Variant/2nd print

http://www.stlcomics.com/gallery/somuchfun/

245 Marvel Vintage Pack/2nd print

http://stlcomics.com/gallery/jcpenney_stridex/

303 Gold Pressman variant

http://stlcomics.com/cover_gallery/categories.php?cat_id=348

307 Gold Pressman variant (already noted above)

http://stlcomics.com/cover_gallery/categories.php?cat_id=348

There might be one or two more but those are the ones I see off hand.

Stop it! :sumo:

At the rate you ers are going, I will never finish! :mad:

Let's add all the Marvel Legend Reprints while we're at it, and the Stridex reprints... and the ... :makepoint:

Maybe I should submit these:

MarvelLegends.jpg

hm

Just to add some more spice to your chilli, there are newsstand variants of 325, 338, 341 & 344 :devil:

Yeah, I have the non-prismatic 325 9.8 in my sets, CGC does view them as seperate.

There are also Newstand variants for 318, 319, 320, 321 (Non-Deluxe, cheaper price).

To be serious, unless the book has a different cover or drastically different price, I wouldn't call it a variant for the set's sake. To me the only variants missing from the sets are:

221 Too Much Fun Reprint

245 Jc Penny Reprint

303 Pressman Gold

307 Pressman Gold

And maybe the Marvel Legends reprints.

Really nice work on the variants for your UXM sets, enjoyed looking at them, I'm only a couple short myself now (sending them in bit by bit for grading) however I did notice that the #360 regular cover and the 'variant' cover seemed to be exactly the same - did you see any difference?

Really nice work on the variants for your UXM sets, enjoyed looking at them, I'm only a couple short myself now (sending them in bit by bit for grading) however I did notice that the #360 regular cover and the 'variant' cover seemed to be exactly the same - did you see any difference?

What difference? :devil:

:angel: