• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Movie Poll: Which movie are you least looking forward to?

Upcoming Marvel Movies: Which one are you LEAST looking forward to?  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Upcoming Marvel Movies: Which one are you LEAST looking forward to?

38 posts in this topic

After hearing about all the upcoming Marvel Films coming in the future, I was wondering how you feel about them. Is there an upcoming Marvel film that you think might be a bad idea? Which movie are you Least excited about??

I'll start by saying there are a few on this list I'm not sure about. Will the public latch on to a guy with blue tights and a sheild? Will they find an actor that can really play Thor? What about a guy who fights crime on the back of an ant?

Hmmmm

I think Ant-Man has the MOST potential. An adventure film with giant insects??? should be awesome as we learn all about the lifestyles of ants and other insetcs. Think Dinosaurs! Think Jurassic Park. This is one superhero film I look forward to sitting thru the origin story. Its once thats all taken care of that I dread the obligatory "marshalling the ants to save the girlfriend and fight the bad guy who'll probably have an insect theme all his own! sigh.

Id rather just a shrunken scientist adventure in 21st century special effects.

The new Punisher movie looks great except for one very important detail... They've gone back to the Dolph Lundgren-no-costume-stupidest-mistake-a-superhero-movie-can-make-NO-COSTUME-why-name-it-after-the-character-if you-don't-include-the-costume era of movies... a notable blunder, IMNSHO...

The new Punisher movie looks great except for one very important detail... They've gone back to the Dolph Lundgren-no-costume-stupidest-mistake-a-superhero-movie-can-make-NO-COSTUME-why-name-it-after-the-character-if you-don't-include-the-costume era of movies... a notable blunder, IMNSHO...

While watching the trailer I kept looking for the Skull shirt. I thought in one seen I saw it but it was very faded and hard to pick up. Stupid. I know some costumes don't translate well but this one works ok in real life. The whole reason the Punisher said he wears the skull is so criminals will be drawn to it and shoot him in the torso, and not the face where he has no armor.

Antman has the potential to be cool, since he's a lesser known character and expectations will be low. I think they should scrap the new hulk or segue into the Red hulk storyline that is currently running in The Hulk comic book series. I think it's much stronger than what I've seen on film.

They all sound good but Thor was one of my favorite being that Im so into Mythology. An aquaintance was telling me that the wrestler HHH is a potential Thor? Is there any truth to that? Any idea who will be Thor?

I hope HHH isn't being considered. If you saw him in Blade III: Trinity, you'd see the quality of his acting chops, and it isn't pretty.

I'm looking forward to IM 2--the first was so good, and I think the second will be just as much fun. If they do CPT America as a WWII piece and end the movie right where Avengers 4 starts, I think that'd be a pretty nice deal (good segue for the Avengers movie).

I'm really curious to see how the X-Men Origins: Wolverine will turn out. I hope it's a good -script, and I really hope that they aren't afraid to go for a strong PG-13 to Rated R (which I seriously doubt we'd be so lucky to get).

Plus, now that I've finally acquired copies of all these keys, I'm really curious to see what direction they go after the movies come out. We all know movie-hype will boost values, but I'm curious to see what happens afterwards (which I believe will be directly dependent upon the quality of and public response to the movie).

They all sound good but Thor was one of my favorite being that Im so into Mythology. An aquaintance was telling me that the wrestler HHH is a potential Thor? Is there any truth to that? Any idea who will be Thor?

Thor will hopefully be awesome. Rumor has it that Kevin Mckidd of HBO's Rome has been chosen, but I have not seen a confirmation yet. For those of you who have never seen it here are some pics, he will be perfect, but he will need to pack on some muscle, which I am sure they will have him do. Oddly enough, he starred in Rome with Ray Stevenson who was chosen to be the Punisher as you can see in the first pic.

_40974080_mckidd.jpg

_40974074_fighting.jpg

Thor will be the hardest one to get right. What are the chances of it turning out good. :(

Actually I think this will be the eaisest one if the budget is available. The scripts are there, Surtur saga, Thor vs Hela, Thor vs Loki, etc. They could do this in the same style as the Lord of the Rings (awesome special effects) and I think this movie could be an epic. Part I should be the Surtur Saga (issues #337-354), part II with Thor vs Hela (issues #370-382) would be frickin phenominal. All the deep history, villains and characters are nicely showcased in these arcs. Essential reading for anyone just strating to read Thor.

I think Ant-Man could be incredible! Imagine the special effects they could do with that sort of character, much more impressive them some guy with claws sticking out of his hands or a dude turning big and green(but both are cool). Just imagine it! Also, their is'nt as much pressure to stay totally true to the comics so they can kind of create their own story and not be pigeon holed with decades of material and fan boys ready to pounce. They'd be allowed to take more liberties with a character like Ant-Man than say Captain America or even Dr. Strange. Thumbs down to the Runaways movie by the way