• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still awake?

5,958 posts in this topic

Woo Hoo, 2 FF fans at the same time.

Do any other comic books actually exist?

I love you man. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

meh

I know there are 4 of us. :sumo:

Any luck finding a job Brian?

No luck so far I only have been called for 1 interview in a months time. I learned tonight my neighbor is being laid of as well.

meh

:wishluck:

meh

No luck so far I only have been called for 1 interview so far in a months time. I learned tonight my neighbor is being laid of as well.

:sorry:

meh

No luck so far I only have been called for 1 interview in a months time. I learned tonight my neighbor is being laid of as well.

Is the job market that bad in your area Brian?

Its Funny I've put out so many reusmes and applications that when I see a new one posted I check my file and find out I already applied before. I send out/ apply an average of 8-12 a day, I spend about 8+ hours a day doing this. My wife barely appies and has had 4 job offers and 7 interviews in the same period.

meh

Is the job market that bad in your area Brian?

Arizona is one of the first and hardest hit states with the recession.

Its Funny I've put out so many reusmes and applications that when I see a new one posted I check my file and find out I already applied before. I send out/ apply an average of 8-12 a day, I spend about 8+ hours a day doing this. My wife barely appies and has had 4 job offers and 7 interviews in the same period.

It's all about the target. Pick one and go for the throat.

It's quite clear: you suck at making your own resume.

Some people are not capable , like you and me.

The solution is simple. Have your wife rewrite your resume for all future new applications and then summarize for you what she wrote to prep you for the interview. But she must not let you read your new resume prior to the interview, trust me.

Sadly this day and age with the internet you go into a business and they tell you they cannot accept a resume and they don't hand out applications. You need to go to their website. I 've tried using friends of friends that work at places to get my foot in the door. Companies are being very picky and slow during the hire procees.

My 1st interview was last week. I was told I was chosen along the 11 others out of a couple hundred. I will be notified in two weeks if I get a second interview in front of an oral board the 1st week in Dec. along with 2 others. If they decide to pick me I will start work the 1st week of Feb.

The solution is simple. Have your wife rewrite your resume for all future new applications and then summarize for you what she wrote to prep you for the interview. But she must not let you read your new resume prior to the interview, trust me.

hm ....interesting . ... maybe ....

hm ....interesting . ... maybe ....

She proof read my resume. As a supervisor I used to review a lot of them and in college I took technical writing courses which also prep you for writing resumes. My field of expertise is a dead field. She is/was a marketing director and right now companies are trying to boost sales.

Sadly this day and age with the internet you go into a business and they tell you they cannot accept a resume and they don't hand out applications. You need to go to their website. I 've tried using friends of friends that work at places to get my foot in the door. Companies are being very picky and slow during the hire procees.

My 1st interview was last week. I was told I was chosen along the 11 others out of a couple hundred. I will be notified in two weeks if I get a second interview in front of an oral board the 1st week in Dec. along with 2 others. If they decide to pick me I will start work the 1st week of Feb.

IMO...This is a desperation test to determine how low you will go salary wise.

You have to accept that some companies are vultures when it comes to hiring , especially at a time like this and exposing yourself and applying to as many companies as possible will help you be the chooser rather than companies like this