• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still awake?

5,958 posts in this topic

huzzah, thanks Dave!!!

Brian, what is your degree in, and what would you like to do?

I have a degree in Forestry. I am very analytical. I enjoy doing research and data anlaysis. I also enjoy going out and doing hands on field work. I have been a Land Surveyor for the past 13 years and a Supervisor over 7-25 staff members for the past couple of years hiring, firing, reviewing,writing contracts, working with vendors, the federal govt, residents/customers. Reasearching, writing legals, giving leagl adive to city attorneys on legal descriptions, I was a computer administrator for the City, on the VPP board for work place safety, Gspnet adminstrator, training officer. I did it all.

Have you looked into marketing railroad ties?

huzzah, thanks Dave!!!

I have a degree in Forestry. I am very analytical. I enjoy doing research and data anlaysis. I also enjoy going out and doing hands on field work. I have been a Land Surveyor for the past 13 years and a Supervisor over 7-25 staff members for the past couple of years hiring, firing, reviewing,writing contracts, working with vendors, the federal govt, residents/customers. Reasearching, writing legals, giving leagl adive to city attorneys on legal descriptions, I was a computer administrator for the City, on the VPP board for work place safety, Gspnet adminstrator, training officer. I did it all.

If I told you that there are two guys in my church, great guys, and that they both work for one of the largest timber companies in the world, would you be interested in sending them a resume, even if it meant moving to take a job?

I'd be interested. I would need to talk to the wife.

PM me tommorrow (I'm about to go to bed too) and we'll get your resume to me, and I'll get it to them. No promises, but it can't hurt, right?

huzzah, thanks Dave!!!

If I told you that there are two guys in my church, great guys, and that they both work for one of the largest timber companies in the world, would you be interested in sending them a resume, even if it meant moving to take a job?

I'd be interested. I would need to talk to the wife.

PM me tommorrow (I'm about to go to bed too) and we'll get your resume to me, and I'll get it to them. No promises, but it can't hurt, right?

Thanks (thumbs u

No, I never heard of marketing railroad ties before. Are ther a lot of suppliers for the railroads?

My friend simply coordinates the delivery and replacement of railroad ties. Most are new, some are recycled. He coordinates the shipping and delivery (by rail of course) of the ties and picks up a hefty profit on each such transaction. When you are talking about thousands of miles of rail, and hundeds of ties per mile, it adds up fast.