• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #2 CGC 4.5 White Pages

92 posts in this topic

This copy was graded a 4.5?! With molding and severe staple rust? How?!

4.5 is VG+.....no VF :lol:

It's not missing any pieces, doesn't have any major creases to speak of....and if not for the defects you've noted, it'd be a 7.0 or better...

If that book were cleaned, pressed and staples replaced, I bet it'd garner an 7.0-8.0 purple label.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

Probably less, though the book would look way nicer.

GPA is...

(4.5) (2) 8,194.25 - - 9,201.00 9,201/7,187 Nov 2005

and

(5.0) (2) 12,000.00 - - 14,000.00 14,000/9,999 Jul 2006

So $14k is a nice price.

What scrambles my brain is Action 1 in 4.5 would sell for $200k+ (a 4.0 sold for $195 in 2006). That may be the biggest 1st to 2nd issue price gaps I've ever seen.

If that book were cleaned, pressed and staples replaced, I bet it'd garner an 7.0-8.0 purple label.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

Actually the Court Copy, a SP 7.0 sold in February for $14,340.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

Yeah but that book had tons of historical value. The high bidder was a fellow boardie, and I know he wouldn't have even bid if it wasn't the court copy (thumbs u

Good luck with the sale B! :wishluck:

...Unfortunately, at best I would just be renting the book until we have a kid of our own. lol

Great Action; good luck with the sale! (thumbs u

I have become an expert at renting books... I buy them, realize I can't afford them, then have to sell... it is a wonderful experience (well, not really)... but this is a great book, no doubt...

I have plenty of books I can't afford :insane:

...Unfortunately, at best I would just be renting the book until we have a kid of our own. lol

I have become an expert at renting books... I buy them, realize I can't afford them, then have to sell... it is a wonderful experience (well, not really)... but this is a great book, no doubt...

:applause:

:applause:
:banana:

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

Yeah but that book had tons of historical value. The high bidder was a fellow boardie, and I know he wouldn't have even bid if it wasn't the court copy (thumbs u

7.0 is also the highest grade restored or unrestored, tied with one Universal and 3 restored copies.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

7.0 is also the highest grade restored or unrestored, tied with one Universal and 3 restored copies.

Yup. I'm betting a "regular" restored copy would fetch less than $14,000.

R.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

R.

This book is crying out for a cleaning. It's unfortunate that the price would drop as a result.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

R.

This book is crying out for a cleaning. It's unfortunate that the price would drop as a result.

You know there are probably ways of making it look nicer and not getting a purple label...I just dont know enough to say...or have the ballz to give it a shot.

i think one of the best features of this book is the fact that it is compltely untouched and in its original condition and still remains to have white pages. truly a GA comic rarity.

i would like to think that the future owner would keep it 'as is' to live on in its original condition, warts'n'all.

but for th right price, its yours to do what you please to :devil::baiting:

:grin:

Wish I could afford this puppy, but in the middle of buying another house atm...bad timing :(

And if I were to own this book, I'd definately restore it. If to just preserve it.

House or your grail? I know what i would choose.

i think one of the best features of this book is the fact that it is compltely untouched and in its original condition and still remains to have white pages. truly a GA comic rarity.

i would like to think that the future owner would keep it 'as is' to live on in its original condition, warts'n'all.

but for th right price, its yours to do what you please to :devil::baiting:

:grin:

I 100% agree. If I did not have 4 kids I would have been all over this book like white on rice.